Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
7 registered (pufferfish, lapchinj, BluegrassGhost, TheBobcatAgain, 3 invisible), 65 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62510 Topics
438081 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#187378 - 10/16/07 04:45 AM 6th Sense?
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
I don't know about others here, but "The Sixth Sense" was a hard movie to watch- the hardest scene for me being Wahlberg's performance. Maybe because the rage, frustration, despair and pain rang big bells for me- and the side of me that hates myself whispered to me "See that? That's gonna be you, eventually. You're too screwed up to make it."
PLEASE don't take this the wrong way- It's got nothing to do with breaking into a t.'s home and commiting murder-suicide, just the raw emotion of that scene is so hard to take! If I had to pick one scene from a movie to show how I feel inside about what happened to me, that would be it.

Edited by dgoods (10/16/07 04:46 AM)

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#190052 - 11/05/07 04:31 PM Re: 6th Sense? [Re: dgoods]
bp83 Offline

Loc: Arkansas
I've thought that too...this movie has always meant a lot to me cause I've always connected it with what I was going through. I always felt that I was connected with Cole...he was a fighter.

"Life is for living, we all know, and I don't want to live it alone..."-Chris Martin

#190137 - 11/06/07 03:20 AM Re: 6th Sense? [Re: bp83]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
Hey, cool- glad i'm not the only one here who could relate to it... i guess when i think about it, Cole, Vincent (Wahlberg), and Dr. Crowe kinda symbolize what i think of as my inner triad of inner boy, inner self-hatred, and inner parent respectively (of course in the movie the roles of parent/boy kinda were blurred when Cole helps Crowe, but the complexity makes for a good fit to my experience anyway) \:\)

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#190597 - 11/09/07 12:33 PM Re: 6th Sense? [Re: dgoods]
thesun3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

It was a difficult scene for me to watch as well. The anger, the sense of utter isolation, the despair. I interpret the scene as a man-child avenging those who abandoned and misled him. Dr. Crowe then becomes, even in death, the hero figure making amends for Vincent,Cole, and ultimately self.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.