Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
5 registered (Cam76, L84, 3 invisible), 61 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62502 Topics
438062 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#19058 - 01/11/02 02:51 AM I'm doing pretty good......
Stephen_5 Offline
BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern California Foothills
Hi all,

I just wanted to check in and say that things are going very well for me right now. A lot of people were laid off where I worked but I was transferred to another group in the company. My new position is working out very well, I'm appreciated and I'm getting a lot of things accomplished. I decided to do something worthwhile in the community so I signed up for training so that I could be a volunteer for the local rape crisis intervention 24 hr. hotline. I've taken 2 classes so far out of a 55 hr. training course. I am very pleased at the acceptance and understanding that I've encountered there from the staff and the other attendees. The crisis line coordinator here says that they can really use males on the hotline and to serve as victim advocates. I'm ready for this and I feel that I can be of service. This is sort of coming full circle for me and it feels good.

There are still plenty of things that are a little crazy in my life and my family but if there's nothing I can do about it I'm not worrying about it. I'm going to do what I can do and enjoy it.

Take good care of yourselve everyone,

Steve

#19059 - 01/11/02 01:16 PM Re: I'm doing pretty good......
SoCalJohn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Los Angeles, California
Steve,

That sounds great dude,, doing some type of service work like that is so good for your heart,, i know for me when i do things like that it does wonders for my self esteem.

I wish you the best with everything!

John

I asked him about this law he spoke of, he said,,, *watch* he then asked the others to share about their lives,,, the others talked of how things were for them, how things worked in their lives,,, and as they believed, it was so.

#19060 - 01/14/02 06:32 AM Re: I'm doing pretty good......
Brian B14 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Steve,

I'm glad to hear things are going better for you. Things have a way of working themselves out most of the time. I think that survivors have a tendency to try to control things due to the lack of control we have experienced as we were abused. This need to control, very often makes us feel overwhelmed and powerless. I'm trying to learn to let this stuff go.

God Bless,

Brian

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.