Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 31 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63648 Topics
444519 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#190483 - 11/08/07 06:08 PM Scared, confused, but grateful for this website.
NYJavier75 Offline
New Here

Loc: NY, United States
Hello everyone,

I am sitting here at a coffee shop by my apartment in NYC, feeling nervous, and scared about my posting and this website.

My therapist told me yesterday after two years of intense work with her that I should check out this website. Since I decided to give up drinking alcohol and using recreational and party drugs over 2 years ago, I feel every emotion and lately the feeling have been just overwhelming. I walk around feeling alone and depressed and I really need help. I must be ready to deal with my past, but I can't do it on my own - I sure am glad that this group is around.

It feels good to know that there are people like me out 'there'.

Thanks!
Javier

#190488 - 11/08/07 06:50 PM Re: Scared, confused, but grateful for this website. [Re: NYJavier75]
MemoryVault Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Hey, Javier --

Welcome. It sounds like you've come a long way and done a lot in the last couple of years. The folks here can't take the painful feelings away, but there are all sorts of lives and stories here that will let you know you're not alone!

David

#190493 - 11/08/07 07:10 PM Re: Scared, confused, but grateful for this website. [Re: MemoryVault]
TNuss Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Del-A-Ware???
Javier,

You have foound a place where you are not alone! We are HERE!

In harmony,
Troy

#190580 - 11/09/07 09:23 AM Re: Scared, confused, but grateful for this website. [Re: NYJavier75]
cbfull Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Welcome!

I agree. While we can't take your pain away, we will tell you when we know how you are feeling and you can know that we really do.

You are correct when you say you can't do it on your own, if we could we would have done it by now.

Looking forward to reading your posts.

Craig

Guilt and shame have never done any of us any good at all.

#190583 - 11/09/07 09:38 AM Re: Scared, confused, but grateful for this website. [Re: cbfull]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
Hi Javier
Welcome to MS. I've only been here for a month or so, but am really happy to have the help and support of all here. It has been a great help for me. Hope you too see it that way.
Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#190654 - 11/09/07 07:46 PM Re: Scared, confused, but grateful for this websit [Re: NYJavier75]
Darren Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The High Seas
Welcome Javier!

Hopefully you'll get a lot out of this site -- I know I have. You're in good company here. Take care!

-Darren

#193648 - 12/03/07 07:02 PM Re: Scared, confused, but grateful for this websit [Re: Darren]
courageousone Offline
New Here

Javier i too am new to this site. Welcome your not alone .

#193724 - 12/04/07 06:26 AM Re: Scared, confused, but grateful for this websit [Re: courageousone]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

this is a good place--------------it helps-steve

#193777 - 12/04/07 03:28 PM Re: Scared, confused, but grateful for this websit [Re: sabata]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Javier,

I'm glad your T recommended us and even more glad that you followed through and came here - it is difficult at first. But you will find this is a supportive and understanding community. I remember how amazed I was when I first came here and discovered I wasn't alone with all the issues I had!

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#199003 - 01/11/08 08:15 AM Re: Scared, confused, but grateful for this websit [Re: roadrunner]
Danbuff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY state
Javier,
First I say welcome to a place of understanding and support. How unfortunate there is a need for a place like this because what we went through never should have happened. It is a long journey and the hardest work I have ever done and likely true for everyone here. I am sorry CSA happened to you too.

As you begin to wade though the site, you will identify with others and actually see you are not alone. It is very theraputic and healing here. There are times when the pain comes so close to the surface as I read other survivors posts, but emotional healing is starting to take place.

So I hope you come here often and converse on the boards and in chat whenever you have a need for support or want to spill it out. This is a safe place. I think I speak for everyone here(if I may)...we are here for each other and it helps tremendously. Please remember it was not your fault, you did not deserve being violated and you are not alone. Never stop looking for help and hope.

I wish you healing and send thoughts of caring.
In peace,
Dan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.