Newest Members
fromone2another, lbartgis, micro44, m75, scorpus
12702 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bob BlueSky (66), Brant (54), Happenstance (46), jimminy (27), keeper (49), MischievousSpirit (40), skooter27 (31), vbalfour (61), whancrar (49)
Who's Online
6 registered (Esposa, 5 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12702 Members
75 Forums
65326 Topics
456865 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#190188 - 11/06/07 11:53 AM Finding Professional support
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
I'm going to pieces here trying to find some kind of support group in real life. I live in North Carolina and I can't find anything but a therapist "who is a life saver right now" but a group is hard to find. I wanted a safe place to go would prefer inpatient intensive therapy but there is nothing here. Any suggestions?
Rick

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

#190237 - 11/06/07 04:35 PM Re: Finding Professional support [Re: GateKPR4]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Rick,

Have you asked your T about this? Perhaps s/he could check around for you. I have very limited experience with groups, but my impression is that they can be hard to locate unless you have good inside knowledge, as a T would have.

In the UK news about such groups often also appears on the bulletin boards at a doctor's office or pharmacy.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#190393 - 11/07/07 10:42 PM Re: Finding Professional support [Re: roadrunner]
Chester Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Long Island, NY
Rick, keep looking. It took me 4 years, but only now I'm locating a couple of groups, as well as this site. Due to the nature of CSA, they aren't very well publicized, but may be nearby. The group I found has been around for over 12 years. Now I just need to start selling my blood in order to pay for it!

I don't know if SIA is appropriate for you, and I don't know if we may post links to resources here, but this site was helpful to me. And it looks like there is a meeting in NC.

http://www.siawso.org/Default.aspx?pageId=7166&tab=1&mdd=40131

#190445 - 11/08/07 10:45 AM Re: Finding Professional support [Re: Chester]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Thanks Chester,
SIA won't be of much help with the abuse I went through. It's a combination of cult,CSA outside the family. Also there are some issues growing up in an alcoholic home. Maybe I just need some ECT and reboot my brain... not really but I had looked into it at one point before I started facing the CSA issue. I almost went as far as having a Vagus nerve stimulator installed to control my depression. Now that I know whats going on with my head I'm dealing with my depression better. This still does not help with all the new emotions that I have buried for so long. I think that has to be one of the roughest parts of working on the CSA issue.
Rick

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

#190450 - 11/08/07 11:09 AM Re: Finding Professional support [Re: GateKPR4]
Gerald2007 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeastern US
Chester,
Can you share your personal experience with SIA. Was it helpful to you? If so, how? Did you join a group that was already in existance or did you help start it?

Thanks
Gerald

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.