Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyrus (44), Dupe1978 (36), James_Is_Talking (36), K-man (58), LordShiningStarr (36), ricky (51), Shawn Hope (29), teresa (42), Warner82 (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (tbkkfile, Banjo596, CheerfulJohn), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63998 Topics
446694 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#190353 - 11/07/07 12:59 PM How i feel today (warning possible triggers)
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#190434 - 11/08/07 08:12 AM Re: How i feel today (warning possible triggers) [Re: dgoods]
dgoods Offline

a little calmer today, at least calm enough to tell you it had been probably close to 30 years since i had last seen this; can you say "literally gut-wrenching silent sobbing"? idk, maybe it's just me, but there is a certain terrible (as in dumbstruck)beauty to this, just blows me away.

#190496 - 11/08/07 07:14 PM Re: How i feel today (warning possible triggers) [Re: dgoods]
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
dgoods,

I'[m glad you are feeling better today

I watched the video and have to admit that I felt like crying - but the tears were internal

I do hope that you can talk the feelings out with someone though - I know it hurts to hold it in

TJ jeff

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#190499 - 11/08/07 07:36 PM Re: How i feel today (warning possible triggers) [Re: TJ jeff]
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
I've never seen this before. At first it appeared that the flower/plant was crying, then I got another perspective, like it was picking up the early morning dew which would give it life. When at the end, the camera pans across, and you realise it is but one flower in the midst of many concrete monstrosities that all look the same. Then you can compare it to us - we can lap up the water of life, or we can be like the blandness around us. We can be the colour in life! And why not?

Best wishes ...Rik

#190531 - 11/08/07 10:44 PM Re: How i feel today (warning possible triggers) [Re: RICK57]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
I had never seen this one. It was such a beautiful sketch and the ending really grabbed me. Wasn't expecting that at all. Thanks for posting this.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#190567 - 11/09/07 06:03 AM Re: How i feel today (warning possible triggers) [Re: roadrunner]
dgoods Offline

TJ, you inspired me to change my sig, thanks for sharing that feeling w/ me.

Rik, when i saw this as a tot, all i could see were tears as well, such a lovely nice positive view, thank you!

Larry, glad something old is still something new- you're welcome.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.