Newest Members
jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive, BCtejas, JHNebraska
12494 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
8 registered (dan_in_newengland, iaccus, 5 invisible), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12494 Members
74 Forums
64161 Topics
447747 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#190188 - 11/06/07 11:53 AM Finding Professional support
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
I'm going to pieces here trying to find some kind of support group in real life. I live in North Carolina and I can't find anything but a therapist "who is a life saver right now" but a group is hard to find. I wanted a safe place to go would prefer inpatient intensive therapy but there is nothing here. Any suggestions?
Rick

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

#190237 - 11/06/07 04:35 PM Re: Finding Professional support [Re: GateKPR4]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Rick,

Have you asked your T about this? Perhaps s/he could check around for you. I have very limited experience with groups, but my impression is that they can be hard to locate unless you have good inside knowledge, as a T would have.

In the UK news about such groups often also appears on the bulletin boards at a doctor's office or pharmacy.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#190393 - 11/07/07 10:42 PM Re: Finding Professional support [Re: roadrunner]
Chester Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Long Island, NY
Rick, keep looking. It took me 4 years, but only now I'm locating a couple of groups, as well as this site. Due to the nature of CSA, they aren't very well publicized, but may be nearby. The group I found has been around for over 12 years. Now I just need to start selling my blood in order to pay for it!

I don't know if SIA is appropriate for you, and I don't know if we may post links to resources here, but this site was helpful to me. And it looks like there is a meeting in NC.

http://www.siawso.org/Default.aspx?pageId=7166&tab=1&mdd=40131

#190445 - 11/08/07 10:45 AM Re: Finding Professional support [Re: Chester]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Thanks Chester,
SIA won't be of much help with the abuse I went through. It's a combination of cult,CSA outside the family. Also there are some issues growing up in an alcoholic home. Maybe I just need some ECT and reboot my brain... not really but I had looked into it at one point before I started facing the CSA issue. I almost went as far as having a Vagus nerve stimulator installed to control my depression. Now that I know whats going on with my head I'm dealing with my depression better. This still does not help with all the new emotions that I have buried for so long. I think that has to be one of the roughest parts of working on the CSA issue.
Rick

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

#190450 - 11/08/07 11:09 AM Re: Finding Professional support [Re: GateKPR4]
Gerald2007 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeastern US
Chester,
Can you share your personal experience with SIA. Was it helpful to you? If so, how? Did you join a group that was already in existance or did you help start it?

Thanks
Gerald

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.