Newest Members
PaulnMA, andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm
12252 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
5 registered (Obi, 4 invisible), 39 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63111 Topics
441339 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#190361 - 11/07/07 02:51 PM A source of pride
dannym Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boulder, Colorado
I so often find myself reading about the triumphs of others here, and it gives me such hope for all of us. I know how difficult so much of just "living" can be, and it is so nice to celebrate when someone does well.

Today, my best friend, also a survivor, faced a very difficult hurdle. He did beautifully, and I am so overwhelmed with pride. His accomplishment may seem routine for so many, but knowing his past and his fears, it is tatamount to leaping a tall building in a single bound! I have never been prouder of anyone in my life.

His accomplishment today made me reflect on all of us here. We are all different men, with different specific issues, but the one thing we have in common is our committment to moving forward in our recovery - to face those awful fears and insecurities - to overcome the difficulties our abuse has caused.

I just want to take the opportunity to say how proud I am of my beloved friend, and also, of each memeber of this site. It is an honor to count you all as friends

Dan

Marge Simpson

#190362 - 11/07/07 02:56 PM Re: A source of pride [Re: dannym]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
Well said Dan, well said.

~Brian

#190364 - 11/07/07 04:53 PM Re: A source of pride [Re: frost]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
Hi Dan:
I am proud to say that I am also a friend of yours. I am grateful to know you and appreciate what you have said to me on MS as well as in person. Hopefully our friendship will grow as we continue in group together.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#190386 - 11/07/07 09:54 PM Re: A source of pride [Re: KENKEN]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
"A more true friend cannot be found,
who falters not on rocky ground."
-me

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.