Newest Members
Francis Xavier, JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish
12438 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
3 registered (Dan234racer, 2 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12438 Members
74 Forums
63854 Topics
445856 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#189999 - 11/04/07 10:58 PM Tired of it!!!
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
When will I stop seeing happy well adjusted kids/teens on TV and in real life and wonder to myself why I couldn't have that kind of childhood. Maybe I should get rid of my DVR, because all I do with it is pause those scenes and dwell on it.

Its kind of like that 3 doors down song where the chorus is

"If I could be like that, I would give anything
Just to live one day, in those shoes. If I could be like that,
what would I do, what would I do"

Jason

(sorry, I know this is just a vent or more accurately me feeling sorry for myself, just had to get this out though).

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#190001 - 11/04/07 11:04 PM Re: Tired of it!!! [Re: onlyakid]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
I hear ya Jason. I can't tell you how much I have grieved over being cheated out of that well-adjusted life.

Andy

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#190013 - 11/05/07 05:41 AM Re: Tired of it!!! [Re: FormerTexan]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

Jason-thats me-------------totally---------------sometimes i cry-when i see this on tv------------i am happy for them-----------but sad and angery for me------------steve

#190019 - 11/05/07 08:21 AM Re: Tired of it!!! [Re: sabata]
Grunty1967b Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Jason,

Totally there. Similar things trigger me and in much the same way. Is there comfort in knowing it’s because of the abuse? We can’t all be wrong hey?

I think at least being aware of it is a growth thing for you. Awareness comes as a result of working through things. I’m sure there was a time when you were triggered but perhaps didn’t understand the “why” like you do now.

That’s the way it’s gone for me anyway.

No platitudes like “it will get better” – just support from someone who says “I know, I understand and I care”.

#190130 - 11/06/07 01:36 AM Re: Tired of it!!! [Re: Grunty1967b]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
You mean the world really isn't full of Brady Bunch kids and those like Wally and Beaver Cleaver with perfect families?

I hear you man, I've wondered that too about other kids when I was growing up. One of the abusive friends had a mother that I wanted to adopt me, and I used to fantacize that she was my mother and loved me in all the ways that my real one didn't.

#190134 - 11/06/07 02:01 AM Re: Tired of it!!! [Re: EGL]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Jason,

I hear you, bro, but let me tell you. I lived in a pretty caring and solid home, and the abuser STILL sniffed me out and got to me - me and at least 7 others, most of whom were also from "good homes".

Anyway, did you hear that Wally and Beaver both turned out to be crackheads or something like that?

We're living a real life, Jason, with all its genuine problems and unfair obstacles - not a TV fantasy. That takes a special kind of courage and we need to credit ourselves for that.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#190315 - 11/07/07 08:15 AM Re: Tired of it!!! [Re: roadrunner]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Eddie/Larry,

Its not the Brady Bunch fantasy I wish I had, just maybe a childhood without the emotionally crippling abuse that left me isolated, alone and confused.

Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.