Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
2 registered (JW1230, 1 invisible), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63562 Topics
444098 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#189999 - 11/04/07 10:58 PM Tired of it!!!
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
When will I stop seeing happy well adjusted kids/teens on TV and in real life and wonder to myself why I couldn't have that kind of childhood. Maybe I should get rid of my DVR, because all I do with it is pause those scenes and dwell on it.

Its kind of like that 3 doors down song where the chorus is

"If I could be like that, I would give anything
Just to live one day, in those shoes. If I could be like that,
what would I do, what would I do"

Jason

(sorry, I know this is just a vent or more accurately me feeling sorry for myself, just had to get this out though).

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#190001 - 11/04/07 11:04 PM Re: Tired of it!!! [Re: onlyakid]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
I hear ya Jason. I can't tell you how much I have grieved over being cheated out of that well-adjusted life.

Andy

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#190013 - 11/05/07 05:41 AM Re: Tired of it!!! [Re: FormerTexan]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

Jason-thats me-------------totally---------------sometimes i cry-when i see this on tv------------i am happy for them-----------but sad and angery for me------------steve

#190019 - 11/05/07 08:21 AM Re: Tired of it!!! [Re: sabata]
Grunty1967b Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Jason,

Totally there. Similar things trigger me and in much the same way. Is there comfort in knowing it’s because of the abuse? We can’t all be wrong hey?

I think at least being aware of it is a growth thing for you. Awareness comes as a result of working through things. I’m sure there was a time when you were triggered but perhaps didn’t understand the “why” like you do now.

That’s the way it’s gone for me anyway.

No platitudes like “it will get better” – just support from someone who says “I know, I understand and I care”.

#190130 - 11/06/07 01:36 AM Re: Tired of it!!! [Re: Grunty1967b]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
You mean the world really isn't full of Brady Bunch kids and those like Wally and Beaver Cleaver with perfect families?

I hear you man, I've wondered that too about other kids when I was growing up. One of the abusive friends had a mother that I wanted to adopt me, and I used to fantacize that she was my mother and loved me in all the ways that my real one didn't.

#190134 - 11/06/07 02:01 AM Re: Tired of it!!! [Re: EGL]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Jason,

I hear you, bro, but let me tell you. I lived in a pretty caring and solid home, and the abuser STILL sniffed me out and got to me - me and at least 7 others, most of whom were also from "good homes".

Anyway, did you hear that Wally and Beaver both turned out to be crackheads or something like that?

We're living a real life, Jason, with all its genuine problems and unfair obstacles - not a TV fantasy. That takes a special kind of courage and we need to credit ourselves for that.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#190315 - 11/07/07 08:15 AM Re: Tired of it!!! [Re: roadrunner]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Eddie/Larry,

Its not the Brady Bunch fantasy I wish I had, just maybe a childhood without the emotionally crippling abuse that left me isolated, alone and confused.

Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.