Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
3 registered (sadclown, finallyhere, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443357 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#190139 - 11/06/07 06:15 AM One of THOSE days
pietie Offline

Loc: South Africa
Sometimes I wonder if recovery is really worth it. It has been going so well with me and today suddenly I have hit an all time low.

I guess I grew so used to "feeling so good" as it has been really good that I rally struggle to handle this down day. It feels harder than evere before.

Just needed to tell somebody.

#190150 - 11/06/07 08:49 AM Re: One of THOSE days [Re: pietie]
brokensoul Offline

Hang in there pietie ,

This is why we often think of recovery as a roller coaster ride with all the ups and downs. As we get better at dealing with all aspects of our abuse we stay on the high parts longer. This makes the lows feel even lower because we forget how they feel sometimes I know its hard but try to keep your head up and look forwards the next lift is not far away just watch out for that nasty cork screw twist around the bend!!!

Seriously, try to go out and find something fun to do. Whatever makes you happy laughter is powerful medicine.

Take care,

Brokensoul

#190154 - 11/06/07 09:08 AM Re: One of THOSE days [Re: brokensoul]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
I'm so sorry you are having a rough time of it. You have been doing so well...but I think Brokensoul is right...this is a rollercoaster ride.

I'll pray for you brother!

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#190309 - 11/07/07 06:59 AM Re: One of THOSE days [Re: Still]
Happy Birthday Grunty1967b Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Pietie,

My T once told me that when I’m feeling like that, it’s probably my mind getting me ready for the next [painful?] step forward.

Isn’t that comforting? Not!

Then again, I think it is because (comforting that is) because it means forward progress.

I could be totally wrong as well, and you could just be having a “normal” day in the life of a survivor.

I’m from Australia, and one of our more tropical states had an advertising slogan a few years back. It said “Queensland – beautiful one day, perfect the next”. They DO have great weather there.

I have a MS take on that:
“Life of a survivor - great one day, crap the next”

Whatever applies Pietie, take care and I hope you feel better soon.

#190312 - 11/07/07 07:15 AM Re: One of THOSE days [Re: Grunty1967b]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
Sometimes i wonder if it's sort of like climate-adjustment- if you grow up in Antarctica, and move to a temperate zone, the winters don't faze you at all, and summers might be harder to cope with. After some time, you are able to enjoy summer, but winter starts feeling cold to you- just another way of saying it could be a good sign, the armor's not so thick anymore... but i know sometimes it's easy to wish it was foot-thick steel plate.

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.