Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
4 registered (Hanuman, WriterKeith, 2 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63185 Topics
441822 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#189967 - 11/04/07 08:20 PM Re: I'm back and questioning - possible triggers [Re: sophiesdad]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
SD,

Originally Posted By: sophiesdad
AND I'm feeling a lot insecure because I see other postings from other folks that have TONS of replies and I had 3 in over a week. Though I appreciate the 3 of you who responded, I start to wonder if there's something wrong with me.

I can appreciate how you feel, as I often felt that way when I looked at the Board and noted a big discrepancy between the responses I was receiving and those that others seemed to attract. I wondered the same thing that troubles you.

But after a time I came to see that these variations don't have any connection to the importance of the post or the validity of the feelings of the guy who started the thread. Here's an example.

One time I started a thread on a film that had really impressed me. I went into a lot of detail about it and I thought I had said something significant. But I came back the next day and there were no comments...nothing! The whole "thread" sank into the archive without any response at all. Then some time later a guy here made a brief and amusing comment in off-topic, I picked up on it and made a corny stupid joke, and the whole thing burst into life! That thread went on for weeks with more than a hundred comments, and you know what? Not a single intelligent thing was said. \:\)

It just goes to show that it's never a good idea to read the extent to which we draw comments as a gauge of how much we are appreciated, understood, or supported. Many times others will just have nothing to add, or they need time to think about it and then it slips their mind. Or any of the factors that Rik mentions come into play.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#190020 - 11/05/07 08:33 AM Re: I'm back and questioning - possible triggers [Re: roadrunner]
Grunty1967b Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
SD,

So glad to see you here again. Iíve been not as regular of late but itís so good to see a familiar face and name from my early days.

What I wish to say is that I always looked forward to hearing what you had to say. You provided compassion, balance and a willing listening ear. You were one eager poster!

That much I miss. Whatever else youíre feeling is obviously upsetting and perplexing, but please donít underestimate your contribution here. You just donít know what impact youíve already had and will do in the future.

I look forward to seeing you around, as you are able to contribute.

#190044 - 11/05/07 02:00 PM Re: I'm back and questioning - possible triggers [Re: sophiesdad]
ForeverFighting Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Mexico, USA
I feel the same way, SD. We're so--I like your de>

"This search for the truth--it's not for the faint of heart."--Goren on 'Law & Order: CI'
"The former things will not be called to mind, neither will they come up into the heart."--Isaiah 65:17

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.