Newest Members
FredM88, Vermona, Jas52, oliviaavaxj, biboy24
12109 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
-Matt- (39), kevin1963 (51), Northwoods (61), rcb0973 (58), sportinrucks (29)
Who's Online
6 registered (On The Fringe, CafeMan, pete1973, 3 invisible), 61 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12109 Members
73 Forums
62492 Topics
438005 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#189760 - 11/02/07 10:33 PM Re: i've been medicated... [Re: cbfull]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
craig, i don't mean this in a flippant way, but i have to tell you that you're making SSRIs sound a lot like weed, (other than weed trashing your short-term memory and making you more anxious/paranoid overall)reduces sex drive? craving carbs?(well, i know THC's action isn't the same, in that it acts on the part of the brain that indicates satiety) makes you want to sleep more, and lay around the house? Hmmmm...
All joking aside, could there be a connection, in that potheads (like i recently used to be) are chasing the closest thing they can find to the relief an SSRI can provide? I'm no neurochemstry expert by a long shot, but it just struck me.. reminded me of endorphin receptor/opiate connection.

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#190018 - 11/05/07 08:17 AM Re: i've been medicated... [Re: dgoods]
cbfull Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Those certainly are some interesting similarities, I have read some studies that say cannabis has some antidepressant activity in low doses.

Guilt and shame have never done any of us any good at all.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.