Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
12to17 (58), Aaron7712 (48), Defiance Is Best (46), Interpreter (30), Kenn (55), RichardPaulPoill (68), soul (34), Tyler845 (27)
Who's Online
4 registered (Jude, lapchinj, Jay1946, 1 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63808 Topics
445577 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#189875 - 11/04/07 01:32 AM Re: Hate opening up to the wrong idiot
dwchan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Vancouver, BC
I've been feeling pretty vulnerable lately and two days ago I opened up my latest struggle to someone I've known for about two months. He is a new co-worker who just joined our team and we became partners during the course of the last two months. Why would I open up to him? Because I thought he would understand... because I was simply desperate... and because I was stupid. The worst thing is that he just laid the law on me and asked if I knew that the Bible was against what I was telling him... what a stupid question! Of course, I knew what the Bible says...anyway, I just wanted to air out my frustration here. I felt so stupid afterward and wish I could untold what I told him!! I hate being vulnerable. All my senses are not functioning normally. I am one stupid man...

Danny

"But in all these things we more than conquer through Him who loved us." Rom. 8:37

#189892 - 11/04/07 07:11 AM Re: Hate opening up to the wrong idiot [Re: dwchan]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
Danny,
I've been there, not in terms of opening up about SA-related stuff, but i've inadvertently scared off potential friends, g/f's, screwed myself over in initially comfortable work or class environments, etc. just b/c i had such a strong need to share, blurting out something and watching other's faces freeze or frown, watching people shut up when i walked in a room, seeing people whispering to each other when they'd be all smiles to my face, and so forth. I know the feeling of "Stupid, stupid, STUPID!!" For a long time, i'd either talk to no one about anything, or blab my history of depression, suicide attempts, etc. to any friendly-seeming face (being drunk or high made it twice as bad). There's a middle ground that can be hard for us to find- you're not stupid, just in need of some validation.
I've had episodes of being mercilessly toyed with and mocked, but i know today that the world's supply of jerks isn't running low anytime soon, and i just have to be careful what i say and to whom. Just like others can't read your mind, you can't read theirs either. We often think that it's all or nothing, but it almost never is- don't hate yourself or give up on finding someone you can be open with, the internal conflict and pressure won't go away by turning your back on it. I hope this helped...

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.