Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
4 registered (David jl, BuffaloCO, 2 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63123 Topics
441418 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#189858 - 11/03/07 08:03 PM Re: honest [Re: WalkingSouth]
dwchan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Vancouver, BC
I've been brought to a place where I have been very truthful about myself lately. And I rejoice because the truth is setting me free. I struggled over opening up my struggles about male fantasies, something which I have not been honest with myself for the almost the past twenty years. Even though I don't consider myself to be gay and I have almost never acted upon those urges, but it's still a big struggle within. I kept thinking that if I don't believe it to be true, then it won't be true. But the truth of the matter is, the struggles never went away and it became something that I couldn't shake off. But recently, I was finally honest with myself for the first time and posted of my struggle with male fantasy here. After that, I had the courage to open to a very dear friend of mine... you have no idea how much that had set me free afterward! It's easier to be honest with yourself when you know that you are loved just as you are. I am so thankful that God loves me just as I am and He is dispensing His life and nature into me day by day that I may become the same as He is. And I am thankful that He has given me a few people in my life who love me that way, the Lord, my wife, my parents and my vital companion.

The truth shall set you free.

Danny

"But in all these things we more than conquer through Him who loved us." Rom. 8:37

#189859 - 11/03/07 08:27 PM Re: honest [Re: dwchan]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
im honest when it comes to a lot of things but im realizing that for a lot of others im not. when it comees to abuse im not dishonest, i just think im blissfully ignorant.

#189860 - 11/03/07 08:56 PM Re: honest [Re: Jarrad]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
I'm honest with others much more so than with myself. For example, it's a lot easier to lie to myself and make myself think that the past doesn't bother me. Otherwise known as "denial". I see it as a way of coping.

#189865 - 11/03/07 09:51 PM Re: honest [Re: EGL]
JerrySan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Clinton Indiana
no not at all

#189876 - 11/04/07 02:00 AM Re: honest [Re: JerrySan]
conchshell Offline
New Here

Loc: Southern California
Lately I've been thinking of the personal honesty thing a different way. I sometimes imagine I am already where I want to be emotionally, even if I'm not there. I don't worry about trying to find out what my real feelings are. If I commit to the idea completely and act in a way that is consistent of how I would behave if I were in that mental state, my brain usually tries to connect the dots for me, albiet in a rather fragile nature. But if the end result is that for awhile I am happy, then what is the truth and what is the lie? imo change happens in both directions simultaneously anyway.

Edited by conchshell (11/04/07 02:11 AM)

#189877 - 11/04/07 02:46 AM Re: honest [Re: WalkingSouth]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
It is not posable to lie to your self . Because You would know

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#189881 - 11/04/07 03:40 AM Re: honest [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
No, I don't think so. Most of the time I am to hard on myself and to down at myself, and the rest of the time I am 'not myself', so don't know what the hell I am doing.

Respectfully disagree with Okie Mike. It is completely possible to lie to yourself, and people do it all the time. What about all the drug addicts or alcoholics who do it because their wife is a b*tch? Oh yes, you are screwing yourself up, but it's all her fault. And most, if not all, of them truly believe it. That is only one example.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.