Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closerthenveins (26), Nvolpicelli (24), Sven (19)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 50 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63116 Topics
441388 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#189673 - 11/02/07 12:12 PM Still lost
knifael Offline
New Here

I wet the bed until i was almost a teenager. I dont remember when it stopped just as i don't remember most anything else from childhood.

But after the memories started surfacing and i've just started to talk a little bit and admit my abuse. At 23 i wet the bed last night.

To the best of anyone's knowledge is this something that could have happened because of the resurfacing of these memories and not having the capacity to deal with them?

I still haven't gotten any help. I haven't had anyone to talk to about the abuse or recovery. So i've just fallen deeper into depression. Pissing the bed at 23 isn't helping.

#189677 - 11/02/07 12:57 PM Re: Still lost [Re: knifael]
cbfull Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Would you feel any better if I told you I wet the sofa about a month ago?

I understand your frustration. I waited about a week until I felt comfortable enough to tell my friend that I "peed the couch", and I wan't even drunk! (I only had two drinks) He laughed and said, "That makes me feel better because I crapped my pants yesterday at work."

I understand that what you are describing is more distressing than an isolated occurrence, but I don't see any reason to get too upset. It might be triggering a sort of flashback for you, and it is likely that as you dig back in time you are going to run into many things like this.

Try not to fret about it, it will distract you from your goals.

Craig

Guilt and shame have never done any of us any good at all.

#189796 - 11/03/07 11:45 AM Re: Still lost [Re: cbfull]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Michael,

A boy wets the bed as a reaction to unresolved stress and fear, and that same reaction can happen to adults as well. You are just now starting out in your recovery, and I'm sure it scares the hell out of you. Join the club! I bet all of us were like that in some way or another.

But don't feel guilty or ashamed. If you add further bad feelings to what you already have, that will just make things worse. You aren't a wacko or immature. This kind of thing DOES happen.

Keep talking and asking your questions Michael. It can only help, and remember, we have ALL been through what you are getting into now.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#189802 - 11/03/07 12:20 PM Re: Still lost [Re: roadrunner]
KeithR Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Georgia
I wet the bed at least once in my 40's. Guess I'm still a boy too.

Until started recovery, I used to have dreams (that I never remember) where I would start to moan and cry out, increasingly loud, until I would wake my wife and sometimes me. The only thing I remember feeling, is that I felt unable to move, or perhaps get away. Strange because this is not a memory I recall.

Since I've been in recovery for a while, I don't have these episodes any more. Good luck as tyou begin your recovery.

Keith

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.