Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
3 registered (tbkkfile, traveler, royjay), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63582 Topics
444218 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#189485 - 11/01/07 10:50 AM not CSA news, but ...
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
i see stuff like this and i die a little bit more. is it any wonder it is so difficult to find people who will listen when so many are SOOOOOOO close-minded?????

http://www6.comcast.net/news/articles/national/2007/10/31/Funeral.Protests/?cvqh=itn_antigaychurch

i just need a place to cry.

m

#189765 - 11/02/07 11:45 PM Re: not CSA news, but ... [Re: MarkK]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mark,

I find it difficult to believe folk like that actually exist. The only God they are serving is not the same one I know. How much more evil can the human mind get?

#189772 - 11/03/07 01:30 AM Re: not CSA news, but ... [Re: WalkingSouth]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
*I know* i just posted recently about avoiding politics etc. on MS, but...

I'm so tired of Phelps and friends getting more media attention.
Obviously they have no fear of "bad publicity"(Goebbels would be so proud) -which reminded me of an interesting quote:

"..The best yardstick for the value of his attitude, for the sincerity of his conviction, and the force of his will is the hostility he receives from the moral enemy of our people."

Guess the author.

The only reason i'm not terrified is that i googled them; Phelps' "church" consists only of family by descent or marriage, and they certainly haven't inspired legions of copycats as a result of years of attention. They are slicker than you might think at first glance, however.

Edited by dgoods (11/03/07 02:13 AM)

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#189777 - 11/03/07 06:05 AM Re: not CSA news, but ... [Re: dgoods]
duncanUK Offline
MaleSurvivor

what a bunch of misguided twats!!!!! god hates gays!!! i think god will hate them when judegment day comes. they have twisted the word of god to suit their own ideas and end. how do they know god hates gay people???

i have seen in visions of a flaming hand coming down from the sky and setting things on fire, i see the pope burn to ashes. if they were so into god why dont they give their money to the poor and those in need of help??? i bet these same people shun the homeless person on the street!!!!

there not worthy of hearing gods word. they go to church, give praise and then go back to their rich , greedy life style. i bet not one of them is willing to give up their life to save some one else. they are the selfish children of the devil.

god loves each and everyone one of us. what god hates are those who have corrupted the word. and misunderstood it. i dont believe the church is evil but most of the people who go there and those who preach the word are....

i often challenge those who worship god, and give them a basic test. go up to a homless person in the street and give them some money so they can get something to eat. and will they??? of course not!!! so much for their pure heart.

i must stop. before i go mad!!!

#189778 - 11/03/07 06:44 AM Re: not CSA news, but ... [Re: duncanUK]
dgoods Offline

duncan, i understand how you feel, but remember, this entire "church" consists basically of the children (or spouses of the children) of one very twisted guy, Fred Phelps, who seems to be addicted to both giving and recieving hatred. 60-100 people. Sort of like a RL organizational version of an Internet troll. Were any of these pathetic examples of one man's dragging others others along in his descent into madness to read your post, they would be undoubtedly beside themselves w/ vicious glee at the intensity of your reaction. I don't blame you at all for being upset, but one look at their history shows an increasing inability to seem consistent; a calculated effort to shock and enrage (and garner more publicity) becomes more and more apparent w/ each activity. Google them, read up on them, and then tell me what you find more disturbing: their message, or their callous manipulation of the modern world of sound bites and lawsuits...Phelps almost reminds me of Charles Manson; i wonder what a profiler would say.

#189792 - 11/03/07 11:28 AM Re: not CSA news, but ... [Re: dgoods]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

That would be Adolf Hitler in "Mein Kampf".

#189940 - 11/04/07 01:24 PM Re: not CSA news, but ... [Re: WalkingSouth]
duncanUK Offline
MaleSurvivor

what really winds up me about these people. is that they are quick to accuse people, gay whatever. i suppose my hiv is the wrath of god... i wonder if god is both "good" and "bad" at the same time??? and has two personalities. the "devil" and "god" .. ying and yang...

perhaps god was the devil when he tested jesus. god probably wanted to see if his new messenger was worthy of delivering the true word of god. not the word that has been twisted by humans to suit their own ends.

i will google them and then i will email them and tell them that they are not worthy of god. they are all the devils children.

#189944 - 11/04/07 01:40 PM Re: not CSA news, but ... [Re: WalkingSouth]
dgoods Offline

DING-DING-DING! "Tell him what he's won, Don..."

"You've won an endorsement for your ability to help others around you bear in mind that those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it!"

As a survivor and a citizen, thanks for picking up on that...
Phelps probably has a very well-worn copy at home.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.