Newest Members
RepressedMem, jet_step, JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut
12468 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AndyP (48), Gaius (50), JoziSA (52), mmafan66 (48), nltsaved (36), RMM (52), Steve63 (51), zenboy (51)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12468 Members
74 Forums
64027 Topics
446819 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#189384 - 10/31/07 12:01 PM T appointment
SEVEN ARROWS Offline
MaleSurvivor

I had a T appointment today were we tried to deal with my anger.
It was a bit strained but it all went to shit when i split on him.

Not one of my good days, feel like shit.

sorry

#189417 - 10/31/07 04:29 PM Re: T appointment [Re: SEVEN ARROWS]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
sorry to hear it;
at least you didn't get arrested fot punching him or something- you can try again, maybe next time won't be so overwhelming.

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#189419 - 10/31/07 04:37 PM Re: T appointment [Re: dgoods]
SEVEN ARROWS Offline
MaleSurvivor

i went to see him and he said ok lets talk about your anger, i just sat there and then he started to talk and as he did i started to feel very uneasy then i became mad, not at him but at everything. Then i lost some time, shit i hate it when this happens. I just want to crawl away and hide.....sorry

#189424 - 10/31/07 05:00 PM Re: T appointment [Re: SEVEN ARROWS]
SEVEN ARROWS Offline
MaleSurvivor

sorry

but i feel like shit at the moment, im jumping at every noise and feeling agitated.

sorry

#189445 - 10/31/07 11:06 PM Re: T appointment [Re: SEVEN ARROWS]
dgoods Offline

's OK, every time a car door slams i jump a mile.. i've never lost time but i know "seeing red" isn't just an expression, my temper's screwed me over before, i've had weeks where i was either a raging psycho or a terrified mouse, but no in-between...

#189468 - 11/01/07 08:00 AM Re: T appointment [Re: dgoods]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Seven Arrows,

Please don't tear yourself up for losing time with your T. He has seen it all, my friend, and he understands. Try to bear in mind that this was a survival strategy used by an innocent boy with NO real resources to face what was happening to him. The hyper-vigilance and agitation are also part of your reaction to what happened and they make all the sense in the world.

All this will get better as you heal, but in the meantime the important thing is that you survived. So many boys don't.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#189471 - 11/01/07 08:12 AM Re: T appointment [Re: roadrunner]
dgoods Offline

good point larry, i almost didn't either- if i hadn't made so much noise convulsing, i would've been 14 forever...

#189480 - 11/01/07 10:08 AM Re: T appointment [Re: dgoods]
SEVEN ARROWS Offline
MaleSurvivor

Its just that after i had the T appointment, i got in the car and my wife tried to ask me what we had talked about, and i could not speak to her. This did not go down well. Now today i have to speak to my landlord, because of losing my job and being put on meds for depression, i have to sign on for benefits and housing benefit.
Now i have to give my landlord a form to fill in to prove that im living here and how much is the rent. I know he will ask why and i cant tell him, i even asked my wife to call him but she got annoyed with me and said ive got to do it as its my problem.
I feel like just packing a bag and getting the hell out of here. Its all getting too much and i dont want it anymore.

Sorry

#189488 - 11/01/07 11:26 AM Re: T appointment [Re: SEVEN ARROWS]
pain4ever Offline

Hang in there......

I know sometimes it seems so easy to pack your bag and run but ya know what? These problems or issues can't be ignored and will follow you no metter where you run.

So what do we do? Turn and face them, just like you are! I am proud of you for that but I am sorry things are going so rough.

Okay on your landlord, he doesnt have to have an explaination. Just say its kind of personal and you would rather not discuss it. Its none of his business to be honest.

I am sorry about your wife, she should see this is a place that she could help and make things a bit easier but then also, this is a challenge that you can handle. I know you can and each one of these challenges that you overcome, make you stronger.

Hold on man....it will get better!

Brian

#189490 - 11/01/07 11:37 AM Re: T appointment [Re: SEVEN ARROWS]
dgoods Offline

seven, i'm struggling w/ either getting another job, or trying for disability, the thought of which i HATE. but i know i have to do something, or i'm homeless in a month. as easy as it would be to just take off or sit and wait for the world to crash down on me, i can't do that. where would i go? what would i eat? my family's helped out too much already, i got no trust fund or rich relatives. Every time i give in to that "f-- it" impulse, i'm twice as bad off after, and i've got even more crap to deal with. how you feel sure sounds familiar to me, though- everyone's tired of my sorry a-- never following through i think.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.