Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
4 registered (WriterKeith, don64, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63228 Topics
442148 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#189386 - 10/31/07 12:16 PM Realizations come in clusters?
cbfull Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Lately it seems like I have just been having one epiphany after another. It's funny, I spend my whole life waiting for one and now it seems like I can't make them stop.

Is this common, or is my hypersensitive state just making everything seem like an epiphany?

Guilt and shame have never done any of us any good at all.

#189397 - 10/31/07 01:44 PM Re: Realizations come in clusters? [Re: cbfull]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I've read this can be true - and I've heard from other survivors the same type of thing. I can't testify to it myself - I'm still on the "no real memory" side of things. Still waiting.

But I do have a question - is there any indication you're about to remember something? Or is it just WHAM, right in the face, so to speak?

M

#189408 - 10/31/07 03:33 PM Re: Realizations come in clusters? [Re: MarkK]
cbfull Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I don't think there is any real indication that one is coming, and they are of course unique to the individual. In fact, the times that I have one are typically when I start to really feel the stress of unpleasant thoughts and memeories, and then talk face to face with someone about what's troubling me.

For example, one that I had a week or so ago involved me realizing that my anxiety was being triggered by flashbacks. I started describing to my partner how a particular image made me feel completely terrified, and as I was trying to describe it out loud I realized what was happening. My de>

Guilt and shame have never done any of us any good at all.

#189434 - 10/31/07 09:12 PM Re: Realizations come in clusters? [Re: cbfull]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Some, yeah.
Lately it's hard for me to comprehend much - it's like my mind is made of mush. No concentration - can't stay involved in anything very long.

Thanx

M

#189469 - 11/01/07 08:06 AM Re: Realizations come in clusters? [Re: MarkK]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Craig,

What you're saying makes all the sense in the world. Think of what you're doing as being similar somehow to working out a difficult puzzle. You can't get any pieces to fit, then suddenly you see where one goes and then all the others just seem to fall into place.

What I have found is that making progress with CSA issues can feel very uneven. I get frustrated because it seems like I'm not getting anywhere, but in fact what I'm doing is laying the foundations for something major that I just don't see yet. It sounds to me like you are having an experience like that.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.