Newest Members
JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul
12488 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 24 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12488 Members
74 Forums
64153 Topics
447633 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#189403 - 10/31/07 02:34 PM keep going and do not ever give up!
rickochey Offline
New Here

I am goign to share as much of my story as I can. i was molested when I was 10 years old from my moms bf. he went to jail and then my mom married him. So all my hopes and dreams were shattered---- fast forward to '97. My friend from High school was getting married in San Antonio and I went to the weeding only to see him marry the hottest women I have ever seen in my life. The next day I walked down to a woodsy area of th eriver and had a long talk with God. I creid as I tol him I needed help, that when is it my turn to love somebody, when am I goingto get get married? I told him that i want to meet wife take her away and then brin us back together at the right time. I hid fron the real world by playing guitar and i told god that I never got a chance to finish our songs, I told him I wanted to buy a house, I wanted to get a college education, what was m life going to be like If I grew up with my dad... now in 1999. I meet this girl that I felt I was going to marry adn the whole entire time I heard voices that very telling me she has to leave. so I said ok letes go and lets get this over. And so my healing began.. I was rear ended buy an off duty cop, who refused to get my medical help (he lost his job). A requirement to an accident was to talk to a pschyologist, and so I did. I faced the pain/denial/anger/rage/ from being molested. But soon teh money ran out from his(cop) insurance. So I told the pschyologist at my church adn he had a 40ish women working on her Psch degree and she would see patients for free. PERFECT... SHe and I met once a week, but in between our sessions I would go down to Starbucks with a pen, a spiral notebook and I would journal everything in my life from my relationships with my Aunts/ Uncles, cousins, teachers, adn fellow freinds. during this time moved into a friends house and rented a room. At this time I ran into my old singer adn he wanted to get the band back to gether, BINGO, I was able to finish those songs and write new ones. One day I wnet to go get my General Contractors license adn while I was taking my money out of th ebank I received a call from my cousin telling me my dad was in the hospital and I better go out and see him, He was only 61 and he has many years to go but i decided to see him after all. While out at diner I got back home from my sister that my dad had died. Well I here I got to go back to see how my life would have been if I had grown up there with him. I spent 6 months going over his stuff adn getting to know the people in the neighborhood. I also inherited 2 houses which I sold and bought new ones in California. So that was a healing experience. So I got my GC license adn started working.. I was miserable for 1 1/2 years adn then one day while watching football the feelin gcame over me to go back to school and so be it. I got up and shut down my company adn started looking for Chiropratic colleges and what the requirements are. So now I have been in school for 2 years. i am 36 years old now and I am still dealing with the verbal, physical, and sexual abuse... I am not done dealing with my stuff... but here is what I have learned hoping to give at least one person a hope..
1. All the abuse that has happened to me was external but "I had detroyed my self emotionally from the abuse" I told my self that I was not able to love enybody, nobody was going to love me, i am dumb and stupid. and other emotionally hurting self talk.
2. That everything that has happened to me is everything that is between my ears and not reality. I leaned to ask my self "is that real" when ever I had a thought that was emotionally bad self talk.
3. EVERYTHING IS EMOTIONAL. THAT IS WHY WE HAVE DIFICULTY DEALING WITH PEOPLE, SEX, SOCIETY, WORK. IT IS ALL EMOTIONAL STRESS/PRESSURE/PAIN/HURT..

#189405 - 10/31/07 02:42 PM Re: keep going and do not ever give up! [Re: rickochey]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
Rickochey,

I'm very sorry you went through all of that as a kid and are going through the hell of the aftermath. There are MANY here who can relate to every word you've written.

I have nothing more to offer than that....and a "welcome to MS."

#189467 - 11/01/07 07:53 AM Re: keep going and do not ever give up! [Re: Still]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Rickochey,

Welcome to the site, and thanks for posting your story. You will find that you have so much in common with other guys here, and that they all have a lot of understanding and support nto offer you.

Your story illustrates a truth about CSA very clearly - that once the abuse ends that's not the end of the problems for the survivor. When it ended for me at age 14 I even felt like all things did was to get worse. And you're right - it's all in our head. It's the emotional impact that devastates us.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.