Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 17 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63582 Topics
444218 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#189403 - 10/31/07 02:34 PM keep going and do not ever give up!
rickochey Offline
New Here

I am goign to share as much of my story as I can. i was molested when I was 10 years old from my moms bf. he went to jail and then my mom married him. So all my hopes and dreams were shattered---- fast forward to '97. My friend from High school was getting married in San Antonio and I went to the weeding only to see him marry the hottest women I have ever seen in my life. The next day I walked down to a woodsy area of th eriver and had a long talk with God. I creid as I tol him I needed help, that when is it my turn to love somebody, when am I goingto get get married? I told him that i want to meet wife take her away and then brin us back together at the right time. I hid fron the real world by playing guitar and i told god that I never got a chance to finish our songs, I told him I wanted to buy a house, I wanted to get a college education, what was m life going to be like If I grew up with my dad... now in 1999. I meet this girl that I felt I was going to marry adn the whole entire time I heard voices that very telling me she has to leave. so I said ok letes go and lets get this over. And so my healing began.. I was rear ended buy an off duty cop, who refused to get my medical help (he lost his job). A requirement to an accident was to talk to a pschyologist, and so I did. I faced the pain/denial/anger/rage/ from being molested. But soon teh money ran out from his(cop) insurance. So I told the pschyologist at my church adn he had a 40ish women working on her Psch degree and she would see patients for free. PERFECT... SHe and I met once a week, but in between our sessions I would go down to Starbucks with a pen, a spiral notebook and I would journal everything in my life from my relationships with my Aunts/ Uncles, cousins, teachers, adn fellow freinds. during this time moved into a friends house and rented a room. At this time I ran into my old singer adn he wanted to get the band back to gether, BINGO, I was able to finish those songs and write new ones. One day I wnet to go get my General Contractors license adn while I was taking my money out of th ebank I received a call from my cousin telling me my dad was in the hospital and I better go out and see him, He was only 61 and he has many years to go but i decided to see him after all. While out at diner I got back home from my sister that my dad had died. Well I here I got to go back to see how my life would have been if I had grown up there with him. I spent 6 months going over his stuff adn getting to know the people in the neighborhood. I also inherited 2 houses which I sold and bought new ones in California. So that was a healing experience. So I got my GC license adn started working.. I was miserable for 1 1/2 years adn then one day while watching football the feelin gcame over me to go back to school and so be it. I got up and shut down my company adn started looking for Chiropratic colleges and what the requirements are. So now I have been in school for 2 years. i am 36 years old now and I am still dealing with the verbal, physical, and sexual abuse... I am not done dealing with my stuff... but here is what I have learned hoping to give at least one person a hope..
1. All the abuse that has happened to me was external but "I had detroyed my self emotionally from the abuse" I told my self that I was not able to love enybody, nobody was going to love me, i am dumb and stupid. and other emotionally hurting self talk.
2. That everything that has happened to me is everything that is between my ears and not reality. I leaned to ask my self "is that real" when ever I had a thought that was emotionally bad self talk.
3. EVERYTHING IS EMOTIONAL. THAT IS WHY WE HAVE DIFICULTY DEALING WITH PEOPLE, SEX, SOCIETY, WORK. IT IS ALL EMOTIONAL STRESS/PRESSURE/PAIN/HURT..

#189405 - 10/31/07 02:42 PM Re: keep going and do not ever give up! [Re: rickochey]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Rickochey,

I'm very sorry you went through all of that as a kid and are going through the hell of the aftermath. There are MANY here who can relate to every word you've written.

I have nothing more to offer than that....and a "welcome to MS."

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#189467 - 11/01/07 07:53 AM Re: keep going and do not ever give up! [Re: Still]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Rickochey,

Welcome to the site, and thanks for posting your story. You will find that you have so much in common with other guys here, and that they all have a lot of understanding and support nto offer you.

Your story illustrates a truth about CSA very clearly - that once the abuse ends that's not the end of the problems for the survivor. When it ended for me at age 14 I even felt like all things did was to get worse. And you're right - it's all in our head. It's the emotional impact that devastates us.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.