Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63189 Topics
441846 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#190202 - 11/06/07 02:02 PM Re: lately I find myself crying for no reason [Re: MarkK]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Mark,

Originally Posted By: MarkK
But normally I find tears just another point of shame and humiliation.

Well, you aren't alone on that point, that's for sure. "Men don't cry". I just wish you could have seen all the incredibly courageous guys in New York and how often they were in tears.

It's just one of those macho lessons we need to unlearn. That may seem like a rough one, but half the battle is recognizing it as a problem and putting it on the agenda.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#190218 - 11/06/07 03:22 PM Re: lately I find myself crying for no reason [Re: roadrunner]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
...yeah - the agenda. fortunately my T thinks three things on the agenda at one time are appropriate. and there's the hope that as I reach one goal, a couple others fall into place, and things build from there.

at least, that's the hope.

#190262 - 11/06/07 09:22 PM Re: lately I find myself crying for no reason [Re: MarkK]
gldnbear Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: vancouver b.c. canada
I have just found this site and thank god, now when i find myself crying i try to remind myself that at least i am learning to have emotions again. Thank you all for being here.

#190317 - 11/07/07 08:36 AM Re: lately I find myself crying for no reason [Re: gldnbear]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Welcome to MS, gldnbear. I hope you find this place as helpful and supportive as I have!

M

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.