Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 10 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#189154 - 10/29/07 11:14 PM Amazing Male Survivor Conference in NYC
East Side Truman Offline
New Here

Loc: NYC
Hi All,
I just wanted to say what an amazing, inspiring, and often moving weekend I had at the conference this weekend. I had a healing time in the workshops I attended. Martin Moran's play The Tricky Part
had me sobbing in heaves. His story so closely mirrors my own. I wanted to stay for the talkback afterward, but honestly was too broken up. The international panel that convened on Sunday was also incredible. It was great to see Mike Lew and to hear from his colleagues around the world. This work is so important and we have so much more to do. I was especially move by Max Clarke from Australia who was so overtaken by emotion he could barely speak. He's been working with us survivors for a very long time, and still he is moved beyond words when he speaks of the courage of the men he's worked with. To see him, and all the other, bear witness to our struggle was so, so profound and healing. And a very special thank you to Tricia Massa for pulling it all together. She is a SAINT. Thank you to everyone at Male Survivor. In the words of Mike Lew, may we all "take exquisite care of ourselves".

#189256 - 10/30/07 03:50 PM Re: Amazing Male Survivor Conference in NYC [Re: East Side Truman]
ChelseaSoxFan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington, DC

At the risk of being repetitive, I want to echo what's been said by East Side Truman. The workshops, the play and the keynote speakers were just amazing. As a first-time conference attendee, the part that surprised me and inspired me was the depth of emotion that the clinicians feel for their clients and these issues. I hold those people in even higher esteem than I already did.

Thanks to every one who made the conference a success. You gave me a lot of work to do, and that's a good thing :-)

Take Care Everyone,

#189260 - 10/30/07 04:00 PM Re: Amazing Male Survivor Conference in NYC [Re: ChelseaSoxFan]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
I had to leave the conference early because of a family emergency, but I totally agree with my friends above. The conference was amazing in every way and a tremendous success. Special thanks to Mike Lew for his incredible workshop (I am still reeling), to Marty Moran for his wonderful play, and to Murray Schane, Tony Rodrigues, Trisha Massa and everyone else who worked so hard to make this happen.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.