Newest Members
myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise, kieran
12463 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blakanezebruh (43), OneWithStrength (37), Parker (45), scottyg (42)
Who's Online
4 registered (Obi, Sonata1, 2 invisible), 32 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12463 Members
74 Forums
63990 Topics
446621 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#188748 - 10/25/07 03:04 PM Hope Springs WoR
trusty Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Indiana, USA
I just want to take a moment and thank some people for what was one of the most inspirational experiences of my life: the Weekend of Recovery retreat at Hope Springs in Peebles Ohio this past weekend.

This event couldn't have come at a more opportune time for me in my personal struggle; it offered an environment of open-minded, peaceful understanding, strength, clarity, hope, and friendship. I know that I have made life-long friendships from amongst the incredibly strong men who attended. I thank them, first and foremost, for being there, sharing their stories with me, and accepting me for who I am at this place in my healing journey. I am proud to know all of you.

If you get a chance to go to Hope Springs, I highly recommend it for its beauty. It was a perfect retreat locale. And, we were so well taken care of. [The food was amazing.]

Finally, I want to thank the facilitators: eight unbelievably gracious and gifted men and women who volunteered their time as professional therapists to be with us, guide us, inspire us, and be our friends.

I am grateful.
In peace,
Russ/REJ

#188762 - 10/25/07 05:04 PM Re: Hope Springs WoR [Re: trusty]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Now you know how I felt after Alta. \:\)

Andy

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#188839 - 10/26/07 02:43 PM Re: Hope Springs WoR [Re: FormerTexan]
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
My feelings EXACTLY i felt so safe and protected when i went on the re-treat in march of this year out in san francisco and it was everything and more,although nothing i expected as a matter of fact it was better then i expected.

The facilitators were AMAZINGLY understandable and my safety to them was paramount and the fact they all volunteered their time was mind blowing that there are people who care enough about us as survivors to share their expertise in the healing and support of those who work in the field of sexual abuse of men(and women of course)

I'm happy for you the re-treat was healing and very benificial as well.

You deserve to be happy and therefore damn sure deserve a life you should have had without all the trauma in your childhood during a time in your life when you needed to be nurtured and protected the most.

I plan on definitely going on more of them soon.

God bless you and always remember the process of recovery is certainly possible.

Coopstah

#188882 - 10/27/07 01:35 AM Re: Hope Springs WoR [Re: thecoopstah]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
I was gonna go but....................maybe I'll go next year.

Would anyone that went to this retreat please respond to this thread? Just curious about who all went. I recently attended Mike Lew's sponsored retreat in Bangore, PA. It was.........it was cool. I would go again.

#188940 - 10/27/07 04:31 PM Re: Hope Springs WoR [Re: trusty]
ChicagoSurvivor Offline
MaleSurvivor

I too thought it was a great WOR! The facilitators were awesome and the survivors heroic. Attending the WOR really helped me get over some hurdles in my recovery and being around men (in a non sexual way) was awesome too. I would attend another WOR in a heartbeat!

I agree with Russ -- food was awesome.

Peace,

Jon (Chicago)

#189020 - 10/28/07 07:45 PM Re: Hope Springs WoR [Re: ChicagoSurvivor]
Dale English Offline
Newsletter Founder/Producer
MaleSurvivor
Loc: PA
Hauser,

Next October we'll be having a Weekend of Recovery at the same location in Bangor PA where you attended Mike's retreat. Think about attending that one! We'd love to share the experienc with you.

Taz
WOR team member

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.