Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyrus (44), Dupe1978 (36), James_Is_Talking (36), K-man (58), LordShiningStarr (36), ricky (51), Shawn Hope (29), teresa (42), Warner82 (32)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 18 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63998 Topics
446693 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#187621 - 10/17/07 12:12 PM Re: Here's your chance (Speaking to an abuser) [Re: VN]
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
Leosha - I hope you are well.

I have confronted the perv that abused me, not long after I achieved a conviction against him in court.

It was when I was walking into a local store, just as he was leaving. He was blinded by the sun and didn't realise who I was. He said 'now then son', which is a typical greeting of an older male to a younger male in this country. It does not indicate any biological relationship.

I was thrown by the fact that he had spoken and that I had actually seen him face to face so soon after the court case, and couldn't react instantly. I went into the shop and bought what I had gone for. I then got my composure back and decided to confront him.

I went over the road to the betting (gambling) shop that I knew he would be in. I waited outside until he came out. I said that I needed a word with him. I said that I was not his son, that I would never be his son, and that I didn't want him speaking to me ever again. He pretended not to know who I was and just tried to get away. I told him that I was the first person that had complained about him, and that it was me who took him to court (he obviously knew this anyway). He said 'sorry about that', but obviously didn't mean it. I was so caught up in the moment, that I forgot to ask ythe one question I needed to! 'Why did you do it'. I know that the answer (if I got) one would be meaningless.

What I did see from our one sided conversation, was that I was now the one with the power - he was so chicken, just trying to get away all the time, that I felt nothing but contempt for him.

Next time I see him, I intend to ask that question! Why?

I don't expect much of an answer!

Best wishes whatever you decide....Rik

#188439 - 10/23/07 05:15 AM Re: Here's your chance (Speaking to an abuser) [Re: RICK57]
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Thanks for all the responses. It is still rather 'up in the air', what I'll do with this. But I will post whatever happens.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#188545 - 10/24/07 12:03 AM Re: Here's your chance (Speaking to an abuser) [Re: Leosha]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Leosha,

I will just wish you a "good" outcome with this. What to say? I'm sure that if you do this you will do it well, but if it doesn't come out well, so be it. It's not like you owe him anything anyhow what with the evil he brought onto your family.

You have our thoughts and concern leading up to this and our support regardless of how it "turns out"

Lots of love,

John

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.