Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
alan's marc (43), Opal (59)
Who's Online
7 registered (Rich1967, gatoonfanatic, 5 invisible), 61 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62529 Topics
438174 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#188114 - 10/20/07 11:33 PM Re: Forgiveness - any reason to forgive a paedo??? [Re: MarkK]
scotia1 Offline

I would say that forgiving a paedophile without that prep feeling remorse is basically selfish and wrong. Most paedophiles molest numerous children. I went forward to the police so I could stop the person form molesting more and more children. If I were to forgive him (without him being remorseful) I would be thinking of myself only. I turned this individual in because it was the right thing to do as a responsible adult. I personally think that every responsible person should turn their prep in. If not, how can we expect others to do it for us. In my case I was one victim out of more than 1000 victims. If he gets out of jail he will molest again I am certain of this. He is hurting little children and hurting the society as a whole. He doesnít care and therefor how can he possibly be forgiven? We are not the only ones that these paedophiles are hurting. Please donít forgive someone who hurts so many people and doesnít give a damn.

#188151 - 10/21/07 02:19 AM Re: Forgiveness - any reason to forgive a paedo??? [Re: scotia1]
pietie Offline

Loc: South Africa
6) Maybe you were abused yourself.
7) I am a better person than you.
8) You have had a hold on my life far too long.
9) I have moved on.
10) Your not worth anything to me, especially the time and energy for not forgiving you.
11) My faith requires that from me.

#188175 - 10/21/07 05:05 AM Re: Forgiveness - any reason to forgive a paedo??? [Re: MarkK]
Mike 999 Offline

Loc: Midwest
They don't deserve to be forgiven. They have no right to hurt kids. I think talking about it (csa) helps take the Power that is has against you is great.
Look at Michael Devlin Would you forgive him?

Knowing and not doing is equal to not knowing at all.

#188422 - 10/23/07 12:45 AM Re: Forgiveness - any reason to forgive a paedo??? [Re: Mike 999]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

Because *I* wanted to. Because it is what I needed to do to remain true to who I am as a person. Because it is *MY* choice now, and of *MY* power now.

Andrei

#188438 - 10/23/07 05:13 AM Re: Forgiveness - any reason to forgive a paedo??? [Re: ak]
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
I would suppose, 'Because I can'. Haven't done it, and don't know I ever will. But as others have said, it is within MY power now.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#188752 - 10/25/07 03:33 PM Re: Forgiveness - any reason to forgive a paedo??? [Re: Leosha]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
Who gets the power out of forgiveness, isn't it really just saying you have no more power over me and you're so small a person you don't matter anymore. It's not like the forgiveness is for them, most of the time they don't even know they've been forgiven in the first place. I see it as just taking back some power. Still, it easier to think of it as acceptance \:\)

Stay strong
Mike

#188754 - 10/25/07 03:50 PM Re: Forgiveness - any reason to forgive a paedo??? [Re: ak]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: ak
Because *I* wanted to. Because it is what I needed to do to remain true to who I am as a person. Because it is *MY* choice now, and of *MY* power now.

Andrei, that is so beautifully stated.

Because *I* say so, not because anyone deserves it, or because I accept anything about them or the abuse - but because it is *MY* choice - an exercise of *MY* power and authority over my own life.

Thanx.
M

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.