Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
7 registered (pufferfish, VASurvivor, Scott1962, Going forward, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63396 Topics
443257 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#188357 - 10/22/07 11:33 AM Discussion With Wife On Sexuality (Triggers)
kellygtx Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
I spoke with my wife last night - a frank, open discussion about sexuality. What I liked and - sometimes - why I liked it. We tried to stay away from if it was related to the abuse or not - and just focus on what it was and why I liked it and if it was something we could or should work into our physical intimacy. I am pretty basic when it comes to physical intimacy with one peculiar exception for oral sex and ejaculate (which closely parallels the Masterbation, Ejaculation and Shame thread). Anyhow it was not nearly as scary as I thought it would be, she did not scream at me, call me a pervert, or anything else - it was a great talk and I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

The bottom line is what I was beating myself up about - being afraid to talk to her about - turned into a tender moment of openness and honesty. And something she encouraged me to share with her as a participant.

Edited by kellygtx (10/22/07 11:39 AM)

Kelly

The time is always NOW. Breath In. Breath Out. Move On.

#188397 - 10/22/07 08:23 PM Re: Discussion With Wife On Sexuality (Triggers) [Re: kellygtx]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Kelly,

What a wonderful update. I think for anyone speaking about their sexuality is a tough conversation, but the reality is just as you found if your speaking to a person you love or who means alot to you. Starting the conversation is hard and the build up of anxiety will definitely make you break a sweat, but once it's started, it's a beautiful way to show your trust and faith in one another and improve your lives.

Good for you and your wife!

ROCK ON.......Trish

#188399 - 10/22/07 08:29 PM Re: Discussion With Wife On Sexuality (Triggers) [Re: Trish4850]
mmac Offline

Loc: PA
Awesome Kelly...
Congrats to you AND to your wife...
M:)

I cannot take your steps, but I can walk beside you, if you'll let me.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.