Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
9 registered (dan_in_newengland, Anura, Affliction, finallyhere, 4 invisible), 40 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63776 Topics
445373 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#188285 - 10/21/07 08:35 PM So, I'm officially a geek...
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ya, so ever since I went to go see the Transformers movie, they have been in my brain. Transformers this, Transformers that.

I've been dreaming about them incessantly. I dream about going to buy them. I dream about being in the movie. I even dreamt about directing one of the movies.

So what the heck. My therapist is always telling me that I need to get in touch with my child inside, what a better way to do that than to start collecting the dang things.

Boy, these new Transformers are SO cool. I went out and bought three yesterday. I started with the only three the store had, and then I went hogwild when I got home. Yesterday, I bought Starscream, Ratchet, and some dude I've never heard of before. I opened up Starscream right away (gotta pace myself), and it all started with frustration. It took me a full half hour to figure out how to transform him (even with the directions), but now that I've done it a few times, I have to say that he absolutely rocks!

You know how toys used to have those crappy spring loaded rocket launchers? Well, this Starscream figure has that times six! He's got three rockets on each wing, and if you spin the wheel under his wing, he launches all three of them in quick succession. And they actually fly a long ways, too!

I can't believe how cool this is. I always wanted all the transformers when I was a kid. Now, I have Bumblebee (both incarnations), Jazz, Blackout, Scorponok, Megatron, and Optimus Prime on the way.

Did I mention I went a little hogwild?

Bryan

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#188309 - 10/21/07 10:55 PM Re: So, I'm officially a geek... [Re: BJK]
KeithR Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Georgia
What about the DVD with the box that is a transformer \:\)

Edited by KeithR (10/21/07 10:57 PM)

#188310 - 10/21/07 10:59 PM Re: So, I'm officially a geek... [Re: KeithR]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: KeithR
What about the DVD with the box that is transformer \:\)

What? Where??

What the world needs now
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#188311 - 10/21/07 11:06 PM Re: So, I'm officially a geek... [Re: BJK]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
a few weeks ago i was in my basement i found an old batman action figure. I took him to school now me and another kid bring our action figures to english. I went to buy a transformer the other day but they were out \:\( so im pretty jealous of you right now bryan \:\) anyways its cool that your getting in touch with the kid inside you. dont lose him.

,Chris

#188312 - 10/21/07 11:06 PM Re: So, I'm officially a geek... [Re: BJK]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

\:D

Well, I have to say, I'm not a transformer fan so much. Grew up too soon I guess.

The Hoo-la-hoop and Tinker Toys were nice tho....... ;\)

#188314 - 10/21/07 11:19 PM Re: So, I'm officially a geek... [Re: BJK]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
I used to watch that w/G.I. Joe either b4 or after, i don't remember which...
I always wished Soundwave was an autobot- that voice was awesome!
"Autobots..inferior. Decepticons..Superior!"

When I was real little it was all about Shogun Warriors, which were huge, plastic, didn't transform, but did have the little spring-loaded fists and rockets etc.

I never did get that Green Machine i so desperately wanted..

...wandering Nostalgia Ave. blissfully...

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#188316 - 10/21/07 11:26 PM Re: So, I'm officially a geek... [Re: dgoods]
saint-of-Lost-Causes Offline

Loc: Michigan
Pokemon and Digital pets were more my era!

#188317 - 10/21/07 11:27 PM Re: So, I'm officially a geek... [Re: dgoods]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Hm. I just might have to check those out, Bryan. I want to see the movie too.

Currently I have a bunch of ships that one breaks out of cards and assembles for a game. Pirates of the Carribean Coast, and a few others like them. I have this fleet of ships sitting on a shelf next to me.

Andy

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#188319 - 10/21/07 11:39 PM Re: So, I'm officially a geek... [Re: FormerTexan]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

The Transformers were always my favorite, and they still are. I had totally forgotten how much I loved them. Every time I take Starscream down to transform him, I feel like a little kid again. I was even making little shooting sounds with his rockets. Pshew! Pshew!

And I was smiling. How could I have forgotten how to smile?

Bryan

What the world needs now
-David Lowery

#188320 - 10/21/07 11:50 PM Re: So, I'm officially a geek... [Re: FormerTexan]
brokensoul Offline

I was not feeling well when it came in the theater but I just got the DVD and watched it tonight. Needless to say I wonder if Bumble Bee will come out in a convertible mode in the showrooms. \:\)

Hey if collecting transformers makes you feel both young and safe go for it. I myself still play with RC cars,trucks,and planes. I'm working with my 7YO son on flying now so some day soon we can get some WWII warbirds and dogfight. Hmmmm RC transformers Maybe I should go through my RC junk pile that would be cool.

brokensoul

Edited by brokensoul (10/21/07 11:51 PM)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.