Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
3 registered (traveler, Anura, highflight), 42 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63773 Topics
445359 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#188266 - 10/21/07 06:11 PM I miss my mom.
Nyjah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Was watching Happy Feet, but I didn't make it very far. I got really sad during the first couple of minutes when the little penguins went to go find their moms.

I miss my mom. \:\( She's gone, dead. At first...I didn't know how I felt. Now I feel like crying.

I'm sorry.

#188267 - 10/21/07 06:15 PM Re: I miss my mom. [Re: Nyjah]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

dont be sorry-for feeling--------------and do cry-for your lost--------------------------------my mom is gone--i dont even think about her------------------------i hope you can find-----the love you need----------and want-----in a healthy way-----------------my best to you----------------Nyjah-----------------------------------------steve

#188269 - 10/21/07 06:18 PM Re: I miss my mom. [Re: Nyjah]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
I believe you Nyjah. I wish I could do more than offer my friendship, but that's all anybody could really do when something like this happens.

How long has it been now? Were you close? Is your Father still in your life? Are you two close? I'm really hoping that you have more friends/family than what you find out here in cybrespace.

Maybe see you in chat sometime ok?

#188272 - 10/21/07 06:29 PM Re: I miss my mom. [Re: Hauser]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi, Nyjah

That's a pretty crappy thing to have to deal with, but don't be ashamed of crying. You deserve that.

Bryan

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#188444 - 10/23/07 06:49 AM Re: I miss my mom. [Re: BJK]
Nyjah Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have been crying about her. It makes me very sad right now. Very depressed about. Just been sitting around quietly, not that I talk very loudly in the first place...but...just not been up to doing anything. \:\(

#188446 - 10/23/07 07:44 AM Re: I miss my mom. [Re: Nyjah]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

It hurts to lose someone we love. Sometimes, we don't feel all of it right away. It takes some time, oftentimes until we are more capable of dealing with the pain. Usually, we are only capable of dealing with one thing at a time, and you've been through a lot these last few years.

The grief you feel right now is a healthy feeling, Nyjah. I know it hurts, but I suspect you have used other ways to deal with this depression in the past. Now it's here, you're dealing with it, and I'm proud of you for that.

Bryan

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#188469 - 10/23/07 02:14 PM Re: I miss my mom. [Re: BJK]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
My heart goes out to you, Nyjah-
My best friend died of cancer when i was 16, i had done a great deal to push him away shortly b4 he got sick, he was so pissed at me he didn't even want me to visit him in the hospital; i never got to make amends, or say goodbye. It's OK to let yourself grieve, it's necessary; just please don't get so lost you slip out of sight...
(((Nyjah)))
Death sucks.

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#188518 - 10/23/07 10:24 PM Re: I miss my mom. [Re: dgoods]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Nyjah,

Hey Little Bro, it's okay to cry. Sometimes the hurt is really bad and we just need to let the tears out. I think the important thing here is don't stay alone. Talk to your House Mom, or to your house bro. And what about your Dad? Maybe you should call him if your House Mom will allow that?. But do try to let people help you.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#188541 - 10/23/07 11:54 PM Re: I miss my mom. [Re: roadrunner]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Nyjah,

Thanks for letting us know you're feeling down. We're here to support you in any way we can. Crying about it is good, believe it or not. The reason we cry is simply because it hurts. And if we don't cry the hurt just stays in there and becomes worse.

Hang in there, Guy.

John

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.