Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
3 registered (traveler, woodenshoes, 1 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63649 Topics
444527 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#188197 - 10/21/07 09:21 AM Feeling Abandoned?
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
I still live at home, actually in a basement apartment because my abuse has given me issues surrounding getting a new job (Thats a different issue). Anyway, my mother works for a local high school and therefore has a decent number of activities she has to go to at night for her job. Everytime she does though, I feel abandoned for some reason. I'm 29, I certainly can take care of myself, in fact for 6 months I lived by myself in my own apartment. I guess maybe it goes back to the abuse, my mother was a single (divorced) parent and she went back to school to get her masters degree so that she could get a better job and we could have a better life. She went to classes 2 nights a week (I believe) and left me in the care of my older brother, who used the opportunity to abuse me.

Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#188205 - 10/21/07 11:42 AM Re: Feeling Abandoned? [Re: onlyakid]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
Jason sorry that you feel this way. I can see why you feel abandoned by what happened in your childhood.

Tom

#188206 - 10/21/07 12:18 PM Re: Feeling Abandoned? [Re: Muldoon]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Looking back on that, the ironic thing is that she was probably going back to school so that she could afford to pay for his college. Which BTW never happened, he ended up not graduating from High School, getting his GED and all of 3 credits from our local community college. I actually have more credits then him (33) yet he's the one with a decent job ($90,000-100,000), wife, 3 kids and I'm the one making $15,000 in the job I had since I was 16, living at home, and going thru this crap.

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.