Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
12to17 (58), Aaron7712 (48), Defiance Is Best (46), Interpreter (30), Kenn (55), RichardPaulPoill (68), soul (34), Tyler845 (27)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63808 Topics
445577 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#187899 - 10/19/07 04:44 AM Newbie sez "Thanks"
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
It makes me so happy to know that people like you exist.
All your support for the guys in here like me- I never thought anyone could love someone as f- ed in the head as me.. at least I know it's possible now, to be honest and have hope for love in the future...

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#187915 - 10/19/07 09:38 AM Re: Newbie sez "Thanks" [Re: dgoods]
ptsdwife Offline

I'm sure someone loves you very much and it's hurting right now if they are not next to you to hold your hand and walk thru this together... so if there is someone in your life that you have push away, run and get her back, she needs you as much as you need her. = )

lOVE IS REAL!!!

#187936 - 10/19/07 01:02 PM Re: Newbie sez "Thanks" [Re: ptsdwife]
dgoods Offline

thx ptsdwife, but... unfortunately she (ex-fiancee)had taken a big chance in the 1st place; we met thru AA, moved in together a year later. Our sex life quickly faded to nothing, she started sleeping on couch to watch her baby grandson, ended up staying there. We quickly became like two ships passing in the night- i drifted away from meetings, claiming "too tired" from 12-hr days, but i broke her heart by starting to smoke pot behind her back, and even stole some of her anti-anxiety meds. She caught me at this, even gave me another chance; i "yessed" her to death, then promptly started smoking again 2 weeks later. She finally told me, "I don't hate you, but i can't do this anymore."
This poor woman had been through one abusive parasite after another b4 me- i did at least help her to stand up 4 herself, to be able to say "no" to someone, that was how we got together in the 1st place. I still love her, and she probably still loves me, but looking back now i'm thinking it was textbook co-dependency. If i was a 3rd person outside of of the situation, i would tell her getting back together was a bad idea, not healthy. I guess when i "push away", i drive a bulldozer :rolleyes:
Thank you again, though- any support is gratefully appreciated!

#187958 - 10/19/07 07:56 PM Re: Newbie sez "Thanks" [Re: dgoods]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Glad you're here DG. Thanks for your contributions to the discussions.

John

#188004 - 10/20/07 12:27 AM Re: Newbie sez "Thanks" [Re: WalkingSouth]
saint-of-Lost-Causes Offline

Loc: Michigan
thanks d....for being one heck of a guy! You wit...and humor...entertains me...even though its a defense mechanism.

#188089 - 10/20/07 06:27 PM Re: Newbie sez "Thanks" [Re: saint-of-Lost-Causes]
dgoods Offline

Thanks guys. My posting will slow down; for my first 3 days this place was like oxygen to me, if I was awake I would be logged on.
Now I need to shift my emphasis to my RL recovery process- spending time on the site won't get me work, or pay the rent. It would be far too easy for me to twist a positive into a negative by spending hours holed up in front of my computer, when I should be resting, cleaning the house, eating, or looking for a job. I am still struggling w/ all these issues, but watching a marathon won't make my legs any stronger, i have to get up and "exercise".

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.