Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
6 registered (JW1230, motmcd, focusedbody, 3 invisible), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63578 Topics
444195 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#187879 - 10/19/07 01:18 AM Psychic Healing
testingWaters Offline
MaleSurvivor

I saw a Reiki Healer today and it was the most healing, transformative experience I have had in a long time.

If you are interested in such things and able to suspend disbelief with an open mind for a time, I so, so, so strongly recommend it.

PM if you're interested to know more. Love, TW

#187937 - 10/19/07 01:09 PM Re: Psychic Healing [Re: testingWaters]
Power_water Offline

Loc: Portland, OR, USA
I have had some exposure to Reiki. I even got certified Level one. (which doesn't amount to much) I used to be a certified Massage-therapist/Drugless-practitionar in Las Vegas.

Here in Taiwan I have meet one energy healer master who is quite powerful. He was trained by his Grand Master in China, just north of Beijing, he has helped me alot, but even he makes mistakes.

I am somewhat sensitive to the energy of other people. In science fiction shows people would call me an Empath.

Reiki can be a powerful source of healing, it all depends on the Practitionar and his/her connection with the patient, and other hard to quantify variables

May I also recommend that Group therapy with role playing is also a powerful way to heal for every one who has expereanced trauma.

Also EMDR works very well for all Children, and for some adults it works pretty good to, for other adults it doesn't.

Reiki is but one kind of energy healing, and I have felt and seen the effects of some powerful energy healing. Some people do Taichi in advanced forms. or Chi-Gong.

Unfortunately according to my experience in the energy healing world. 20% are complete liars trying to steal your money and 40% are confused and overwhelmed by what they do and (though they try to help people) they often have no effect.

My advice, Keep learning Reiki, and when you have gained a level or two, move on to something else. The unseen world is too vast and too complex for any one system to help you really understand it. Often it is more about feeling it and doing it. Developing your sensitivity and intuition, and Compassion.

#187944 - 10/19/07 05:04 PM Re: Psychic Healing [Re: Power_water]
testingWaters Offline
MaleSurvivor

Good point, PW. The Reiki practicioner I saw is very well-established, licensed in my state and part of a mainstream coalition of traditional MDs interested in holistic practices.

In other words, if you *do* see one, do your research because there are obviously alot of scam artists in *any* field.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.