Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
3 registered (tbkkfile, Going forward, journey4two), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63396 Topics
443251 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#187667 - 10/17/07 06:06 PM New Immediate goal
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
I think I've done enough complaining. I heard somebody mention on the radio that people who complain don't really know just how offensive/negative it can be, much akin to bad breath, you never really notice your own, but you can easily get sick of someone else's.

So. I've decided that I will try to stop complaining. (I've been known to do that here at MS once in a while). I'm sorry if my negativity has rubbed off on anyone. Maybe I needed to vent for a while but I've come to think that maybe that time has passed. It's time to move on.

So let me know if you catch me complaining ok?

#187669 - 10/17/07 06:23 PM Re: New Immediate goal [Re: Hauser]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
Heh, i'm real good for "if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing".

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#187671 - 10/17/07 06:48 PM Re: New Immediate goal [Re: Hauser]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Alan,

I think there is a line between over-complaining and complaining about something that needs to be complained about. However, what I refer to as constructive complaints can actually be quite helpful while the opposite of that, the hopeless complaints, don't really do anything.

I think what it all comes down to is a simple question...before I make a complaint, I ask myself "is this worth complaining about?" If it is, I'll look for a solution. Then, if I can't find a solution, I'll ask for help finding the solution instead of just complaining about the problem.

Of course, being a chronic complainer in the past, I'm not always successful in that goal. However, then again, my mantra has always been that the effort one puts into improving oneself is much more important that how much one actually improves oneself.

Bryan

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.