Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Avyi (49), cross29min (59), Dartel (50), ernie (70), flightmedic38 (40), jggab (42), kev (66)
Who's Online
4 registered (BobdaFarmer61, CafeMan, I Want 2 Thrive, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63569 Topics
444136 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#187592 - 10/17/07 08:37 AM this is very very long but good informaton i think
nicky Offline

a strong man is one who is able to control himself when he is angry
what is your definiton of control?

i lay awake another hour
just like the one before
the shadows play a game with my head
i can't take this anymore

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x4EOw8wPBN8

#187601 - 10/17/07 09:34 AM Re: this is very very long but good informaton i think [Re: nicky]
kellygtx Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
Nicky -

My friend (I like the sound of that) Thank You for the post. While it was long, it was very informative.

Blessed Be -

Kelly

The time is always NOW. Breath In. Breath Out. Move On.

#187607 - 10/17/07 10:19 AM Re: this is very very long but good informaton i t [Re: nicky]
indygal Offline

Originally Posted By: nicky

the link was empty when i tried it - can you check and see if it's still there and if so cut and paste it please?

thanks!
indy

#187612 - 10/17/07 10:46 AM Re: this is very very long but good informaton i t [Re: indygal]
nicky Offline

http://members.aol.com/smartnews/howchildhoodsa.htm

you have to like scroll over i think

and kelly me to

a strong man is one who is able to control himself when he is angry
what is your definiton of control?

i lay awake another hour
just like the one before
the shadows play a game with my head
i can't take this anymore

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x4EOw8wPBN8

#187646 - 10/17/07 03:09 PM Re: this is very very long but good informaton i t [Re: nicky]
violet Offline

Loc: US
I just wanted to mention this excerpt from the article. As a partner, witnessing the use of the coping mechanisms can be so frustrating- until you realize why a survivor has been using them. It was very meaningul to hear again.

"Freyd (1996) in her book on betrayal trauma, writes about the reasons why a child would forget child abuse. The reasons she gives are avoidance of pain, terror or overwhelming information. Repression lessens the pain of the abusive incident. Defense mechanisms help survivors keep secrets from themselves (Freyd, 1996)"

I haven't finished the article yet, but just wanted to mention that. I think finally KNOWING that is one of the most important things a partner can do to help.

V.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.