Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
2 registered (GT13568, WalkingBuffalo), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64189 Topics
447912 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#187231 - 10/15/07 06:13 AM Healing Circles
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
I'm sure you have all heard by now that Tom (Muldoon) and Andy (FormerTexan) have organized a series of groups - the "Healing Circles" - where a small number of guys arrange to meet together to talk about things.

I have never been a groups person and I always figured that group therapy wasn't for me, but somehow this idea appealed to me and I got involved as a member in one circle and as a facilitator in another. And man, am I ever glad I did.

Both of the circles I work with have proven to be very powerful and positive environments where we can come and share with each other, and in last Sunday's session I went through one of the most intensely healing and uplifting experiences I have ever had as a survivor. I won't go into details because one of the rules is that what is said in the Circle stays there, but it was just amazing.

If any of you have been wondering about the Circles as an option that might work for you, and even if you are - like me - not a groups person and have your doubts, I would urge you to consider participating whenever a new one is formed. Give it a try; give it a chance - take the risk. There's a good possibility this could help you a lot.

These Circles are one of the most positive initiatives I have seen here in my time on MS. My thanks to Tom and Andy for all they do to keep these groups running.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#187233 - 10/15/07 06:25 AM Re: Healing Circles [Re: roadrunner]
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'll second that, Larry. I missed this week, but they are really good! I look forward to them on Sundays and to seeing my fellow group members.

#187556 - 10/17/07 12:52 AM Re: Healing Circles [Re: FLRich]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
You need better time slots though. We're not all "normal" (love to use that word sarcastically) guys with 9-5 jobs. Heh.

#187558 - 10/17/07 01:03 AM Re: Healing Circles [Re: Hauser]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
And they were even kind enough to let the likes of me back in. What a bunch of great guys!

#187560 - 10/17/07 01:06 AM Re: Healing Circles [Re: EGL]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

There is groups on three different days of the week, at 3 different times. For the group I am member of, I get up at 2.30 in morning. I am not sure why most people can not find one that the time or day can work for them.

Andrei

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.