Newest Members
PaulnMA, andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm
12252 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closerthenveins (26), Nvolpicelli (24), Sven (19)
Who's Online
1 registered (Ocellaris), 26 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63113 Topics
441363 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#187360 - 10/15/07 11:41 PM BRICK WALL
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
I feel stuck, like i up against a wall. I have been going to therapy for several months now i have learned alot from it. I put my needs first. I'm learning to except what happenend to me. but i dont know what to do next.

It seemed like when i first came here i was improving at lighting speed, but now its like i am going backwards. I havnt gotten a full nights sleep in two weeks i keep having nightmares, I am upset durring the day. I feel incredibly lonely even though in reality i have all kinds of people in my life that care about me.

Thanks for listening to me........ again.

,Chris

#187361 - 10/15/07 11:45 PM Re: BRICK WALL [Re: theatrekid]
saint-of-Lost-Causes Offline

Loc: Michigan
I think thats normal...make some progress...plateau...get comfortable on that plateau....and climb up some more...level out and keep going. It happens when learning a different language too. Chin up!

#187367 - 10/16/07 12:33 AM Re: BRICK WALL [Re: saint-of-Lost-Causes]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
Maybe it's just me, but it's like there's an anti-me inside, viciously lashing out any time my self-esteem or sense of safety increases...
Maybe it's like a cat at the vet- the only way to help the cat is to hold it still no matter how fiercely it struggles.
Hope this helps

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#187452 - 10/16/07 01:00 PM Re: BRICK WALL [Re: dgoods]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Chris,

Progress in therapy isn't always something we can see and appreciate like you have appreciated the results so far. Sometimes we don't see the real results for a long time, and in some cases moving forward hurts or feels confusing and we don't even recognize it as progress. As sure, sometimes we have setbacks or get stuck. It's all part of the journey.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#187503 - 10/16/07 09:25 PM Re: BRICK WALL [Re: roadrunner]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks every one for replying

,Chris

#187527 - 10/16/07 10:45 PM Re: BRICK WALL [Re: theatrekid]
trusty Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Indiana, USA
Hi Chris,
I can best describe the process as a huge emotional rollercoaster ride. There are times when it is very scary. Sometimes the climb is unbearable. Sometimes the fall is so drastic I think I'll never get back up. And, there are times I wish I could just get off the ride...stop taking part in it all.

The big difference, of course, is not knowing how long OUR rides will need to last. And, after a really long time, all we really wish for is a smooth road...no bumbs, no giant curves thrown at us, and nothing scary.

I wish I could tell you when the smooth part arrives...I haven't gotten there yet myself.

But, I hope you get there really soon. The most important thing is that you are willing to do the work. Good for you. Hang tough.

Much Love,
Russ/REJ

#187553 - 10/16/07 11:56 PM Re: BRICK WALL [Re: trusty]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks Russ,

Im so tired of all this i just want to be a normal person. ill get there i know i will. i just wish it would come a little quicker. oh well all good things take time right?

,Chris

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.