Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 35 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63782 Topics
445403 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#187166 - 10/14/07 09:05 PM Re: The Kite Runner [Re: Jarrad]
rcm Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boston, MA
jarrad i posted my thoughts some time ago
i think his friend is himself, a dissociation to deal with a traumatic experience
i think hassan's son is his inner child who has been in trauma for many years
i think the very last paragraph of the book describes how he initiates his path to healing
i think when hassan was raped it was a dissociation so he was looking as if it was someone else but it was him
just my thoughts

#187178 - 10/14/07 09:41 PM Re: The Kite Runner [Re: rcm]
Elad 12 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: on the coast

I have been reading this Kite Runner thread. Here is a link to a post I made back in June of 2006.
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...=true#Post75566

This book did more for my recovery as any other and I've read a lot of books on CSA. For me it was about sexual abuse.

Dale

#187220 - 10/15/07 02:00 AM Re: The Kite Runner [Re: Elad 12]
trusty Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Indiana, USA
i read this book summer of 2006 and was deeply moved...so many issues to be discovered...for csa survivors...for people who need to be made aware of other cultures and the fact that we are all living on the same earth, yet we experience such profoundly different political situations that create obstacles in our lives...and, for us all to better understand the Afghanistan people.

it is a beautiful book...profoundly sad...but moving and quite an inspirational read. and, yes...some really difficult triggers for us survivors.

russ

#187236 - 10/15/07 07:21 AM Re: The Kite Runner [Re: trusty]
rcm Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boston, MA
By the way the paperback edition is out of print but they just printed a brand new "premium" edition, with pictures. It's just out, I ordered from amazon and received it but it's been sitting in the mail room for a week now.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.