Newest Members
JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish, JPmc
12437 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, JW1230, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12437 Members
74 Forums
63846 Topics
445822 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#186852 - 10/13/07 12:08 AM Thanks-Forgetting my childhood
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
I just want to thank my perp (brother) for really screwing my memory of my childhood up. I was cleaning up the basement because we are moving and I found my old 8th grade year book. It has references that I don't even remember such as

a handwritten note from this girl in my class who I thought dumped me 8 hours after she had asked me out because she was ashamed to be going out with me. The note says "Jay, Its been a pretty cool year. I don't like the reason you went out w/me. In fact your the first guy thats honestly (told me was written but crossed out) done that to me. But anyway you've been a great friend Love Jodi" I'm also listed as the "Class complainer" and "most talkative". And there are a few references in there about my support for Bill Clinton. I don't remember this. I really wish I did, I guess eventually I will as my mind allows the abuse back but until then I don't

Just wanted to say, "Thanks for Nothin'" to my perp

Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#186857 - 10/13/07 01:01 AM Re: Thanks-Forgetting my childhood [Re: onlyakid]
ScottyTodd Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Pennsylvania
Remembering can really blow things apart - especially our emotions (anger, scared, regrets, grief over losses, etc.). Sometimes I get angrier at remembering some "god-awful trash!" wishing things had never happened let alone that I am remembering them NOW!! But then I know that "cleaning out the trash - including the corners" of my mind is a part of my journey to a 'healthy' life!! Sorry you got hit with memoies!! I find my memories fade into my life as I can address them...like at the last WOR at Alta!!!

Howard

#186872 - 10/13/07 04:08 AM Re: Thanks-Forgetting my childhood *DELETED* [Re: ScottyTodd]
nicky Offline

Post deleted by nicky

a strong man is one who is able to control himself when he is angry
what is your definiton of control?

i lay awake another hour
just like the one before
the shadows play a game with my head
i can't take this anymore

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x4EOw8wPBN8

#186992 - 10/13/07 10:52 PM Re: Thanks-Forgetting my childhood [Re: nicky]
saint-of-Lost-Causes Offline

Loc: Michigan
I hate not remembering but i'm terrified to remember!

#186994 - 10/13/07 10:56 PM Re: Thanks-Forgetting my childhood [Re: saint-of-Lost-Causes]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
sounds familiar, mtd
i come close to remembering and i have severe anxiety and panic attack
even ended up in the hospital once covered in hives and shaking

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.