Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
rpalm06 (46)
Who's Online
1 registered (nltsaved), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63555 Topics
444030 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#186959 - 10/13/07 06:25 PM DEPRESION ?
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
It seens that I am eather depresed or angry most of the time .
My psyc says that I have ben on almost every med in the book with out good results.
I do realise that there is no magic pill that will make me better.
I would life to know what others have tried when meds fail.

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#186960 - 10/13/07 07:03 PM Re: DEPRESION ? [Re: OKIE MIKE]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
i'm now working with changing my diet
and different dietary supplements
like increasing my B intake

m

#186961 - 10/13/07 07:13 PM Re: DEPRESION ? [Re: OKIE MIKE]
cbfull Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
OKIE,

I wish I could help, but it kinda seems like most of the regular board members have taken a break in light of recent events (posters taking advantage of all our trust and good will).

I just thought I would at least chime in and say that I'm sorry to hear about your lack of success with meds. I have been on a small variety of antidepressants myself for the last 10 or so years, so I at least know a little about how you feel. SSRIs have helped me a great deal but they are by no means a complete solution. I personally have found a second medication that is used for people with parkinson's that I take in sub-clinical doses (very little is needed) along with my SSRI, and it has eliminated virtually all of the side effects, while at the same time filling in all the gaps that the SSRI left behind. Keep in mind it took me 10 years to find it, and I have to mail-order it from Europe because my doctor cannot prescribe it to me due to some "small print".

Hang in there, there is something out there that will get you where you need to be, and it looks like you are well on your way to finding it.

Best of luck,

Craig

Guilt and shame have never done any of us any good at all.

#186963 - 10/13/07 07:26 PM Re: DEPRESION ? [Re: cbfull]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

A diet high in fish can help a little with the depression. Since I don't like fish (blech), I acutally take an Omega-3 supplement.

Daily excercise, or some kind of physically exerting activity, can help with anger.

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.