Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
2 registered (JW1230, 1 invisible), 35 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63645 Topics
444495 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#186916 - 10/13/07 12:59 PM believing and loyalty
indygal Offline

i just want to say something about the recent allegations concerning some people on the ms site - that they were fakes, or aliases, whatever. i'm not a registered member so i don't know what's being discussed on the members' side; maybe this has already been said if so, i apologize for repeating it but i want to say something.

i've tried very hard most of my life to never give up on people; to believe in someone until everything points to why i shouldn't, to always give the benefit of the doubt. i have many friends in my life that are actually contrary to my personal politics because i'm just that kind of person, or try to be.

when i heard about some of these individuals, one in particular, my first gut reaction was no way, uh uh. my next reaction was to stand by that person no matter what and believe them no matter what, if that was the case; it was the moral thing to do.

thinking some more i realized what i was doing - of all the stories told about how a survivor said no one wanted to believe his father/friend/uncle/grandfather/mother/sister et al., was capable of hurting a child - or that little johnny, or sue, had been vicitimized - because they didn't believe he or she was capable of that, that they knew better.

to all survivors on this site, i'm sorry for this - i hope we can all learn from this - for some of us, it's just our nature to believe in our friends, in people, not to want to believe the worst of them. it's not that we don't want to believe something terrible happened, we just don't want it to have happened, is all. yes, it does crash our world, and no one wants that, no one.

i will trust the moderators to let us know what happens and if it is decided that indeed, someone was doing what they shouldn't have been, and hurt could have come from it, i will accept that decision. i do hope for a positive outcome, and i hope the people i knew and trusted are not in any way trying to hurt someone, anyone, but again, i will hold off judgment until all the facts are in and then let the chips fall where they may.

i think it's the least i can do.

all the best,
indy

#186923 - 10/13/07 01:52 PM Re: believing and loyalty [Re: indygal]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Indy,

The Mods have made an announcement to let us know. Here's the link.

Trish

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=186401&page=1#Post186401

#186943 - 10/13/07 03:54 PM Re: believing and loyalty [Re: Trish4850]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
Indy, while I have a different outlook on things in regard to the fakes I think I should point out that some (not all) in my mind were not trying to hurt others but rather trying to help. But I think they have caused an awful amount of damage simply by being ignorant about how hard trust really is for survivors.

Again, I really don't think their intention was to harm but in the end that's exactly what was done. Something we just shouldn't have to deal with. We shouldn't have to spend any time explaining to fakes why they shouldn't be doing what their doing.

Any person who comes here should only ask themselves one question, am I being honest about myself? If they can answer yes then no matter what happens no mistake can be made by them with regards to the pain that was caused in the last little while.

Stay Strong
Mike

#186945 - 10/13/07 04:05 PM Re: believing and loyalty [Re: mogigo]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
Imagine the one that has floored us all had just come to this site as a friend and been in the appropriate section. All the pain could have been avoided and he'd still have helped as much as he did.

Like you Indy. Thank you.

Mike

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.