Newest Members
hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt, feartheroo, Xzander32244
12130 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ACLover94 (50), Henry (40), james 1959 (55), Johnny90 (24), poliwog (44), Starbuck (38)
Who's Online
9 registered (don64, I Want 2 Thrive, CafeMan, 6 invisible), 57 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12130 Members
73 Forums
62552 Topics
438309 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#186875 - 10/13/07 04:22 AM IM SO ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nicky Offline

god im so tired
please i just want to sleep peacfuly for a couple hours
even one
is it so much to ask
its making me even crazyer and mean to
im gonna knock myself out
i have to
how am i suposed to functon
i just found out i have to work today
i thoght i was off
its geting worse i need to sleep
i thoght i could i started to try i feel exausted
why cant i just get the rest i need
im so tired it hurts
and now its to late even to get drunk because now i have to work!

a strong man is one who is able to control himself when he is angry
what is your definiton of control?

i lay awake another hour
just like the one before
the shadows play a game with my head
i can't take this anymore

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x4EOw8wPBN8

#186876 - 10/13/07 04:50 AM Re: IM SO ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: nicky]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
nicky,

any chance of using a sick day for tomorrow? you don't sound like you're in any condition to go to work....

about 5 or 6 years ago, i had severe insomnia. i used to scream and beg whatever higher power there was for exactly as you described, peaceful sleep for just a couple hours.

my suggestion is to prepare your bedroom for sleeping. open a window, get the bedsheets drawn and ready to just crawl in. turn your bedside lamp on to a low setting if possible, make it 'zen'. also do your nightly routine, brush your teeth, get into your PJ's, etc. make it so that you are absolutely ready to just get straight into bed.

next step is to make yourself tired. to do this, you need to disconnect yourself from any stimulae nearby. and by stimulae i mean television, loud music, even bright lights. find a chair in a dimly lit room and just sit there staring at the ceiling for a while. without that external stimulae your mind will naturally become weary, unless you've hopped it up on caffeine or other substances.

the last and final step is after about an hour of doing absolutely nothing, you'll be nice and tired. now its time to calmly shut off the lights and go to bed. your mind should be naturally sleepy by now, and that gives you the chance to kick start your dream. start thinking about something seriously relaxing. like... sitting in a hot tub or wandering through a peaceful meadow. your mind might just take the bait and drop you quite quickly into deep sleep... and even better, it'll continue on with whatever pleasant dream you thought up prior to sleeping.

a few other tips from a recovered insomniac:
1. lay off anything and everything caffeinated after 12:00PM.. Yes, Noon.
2. always, always always prepare for the following day prior to going to bed. it'll set your mind at ease about the day to come.
3. try to adapt to a regular sleeping pattern. get up at the same time on your days off as you do when you work. it will help regulate the system a bit.

I might sound like a crack pot but I can tell you in 2000-2001 my longest stint was around 11 days and nights without a wink of sleep. its hell, and totally unhealthy to be doing that... it takes work, but insomnia can be beaten, and you can find truly restful sleep!

cheers,
Brian

#186879 - 10/13/07 07:35 AM Re: IM SO ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *DELETED* [Re: frost]
nicky Offline

Post deleted by nicky

i lay awake another hour
just like the one before

#186924 - 10/13/07 02:06 PM Re: IM SO ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: nicky]
trusty Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Indiana, USA
hey, nick,
i'm so sorry, bud...lack of sleep is the worst...and the surprise factor about having to work certainly doesn't help you get rid of the angst so you can relax...but i think frost's advice is awesome...i know you do a lot of late night stuff...so maybe you can try to get a regular routine going...i'm working on that issue myself...it's hard though.

good luck to you...

much peace to you,
Russ

#186931 - 10/13/07 02:20 PM Re: IM SO ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: trusty]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Nicky I'm sorry that I have no practical advice in on this matter, for I've never had issues with getting to sleep.

I love Frost's suggestions, but I have another one: Vigorous exercise. MAKE yourself exhausted doing heavy work or exercise. The last time I REALLY SLEPT DEEPLY was when I had helped a friend move, I was doing HEAVY lifting ALLLLL DAY, and when I finally went to sleep, I was practically in a coma.

#186932 - 10/13/07 02:22 PM Re: IM SO ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Hauser]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
yeah -- thats a great suggestion hauser. gotta wear exhaust your body as well as your mind \:\)

#186941 - 10/13/07 03:17 PM Re: IM SO ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: frost]
dannym Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boulder, Colorado
I had severe insomnia awhile back as well. I started exercising a lot, and it got better. I still only get about 5-6 hours a night, but I sleep more soundly than before. Lifting weights, cardio, hiking, running... doesn't matter. It has been great for my stress reduction as well.

good luck... been there and it is awful. so sorry

Dan

Marge Simpson

#186949 - 10/13/07 04:35 PM Re: IM SO ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: dannym]
emptydreamer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Midwest USA
Hey nicky,

You already have a lot of good suggestions here, I hope you find some things that work. Not being able to sleep has to be one of the worst things to deal with.

I will add something a Dr. once told me that helped me.

When you do go to bed, if you lay there more than 20 minutes without falling asleep, get out of bed and do something. Vacuum the carpet, read a book, exercise some more, balance the check book....whatever.

He explained to me that you have to train your mind and body that when you lay down in your bed, you are there to sleep. The longer you lay there, wishing you would fall asleep, the less likely you are to do so.

It worked pretty good for me. I almost sucked all the fabric out of the living room rug I vacuumed so much!! Not really, just a joke.

Best wishes and warmest regards,
Scott

#186951 - 10/13/07 04:48 PM Re: IM SO ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *DELETED* [Re: emptydreamer]
nicky Offline

Post deleted by nicky

i lay awake another hour
just like the one before

#187321 - 10/15/07 05:17 PM Re: IM SO ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: nicky]
DeafDavid Offline

Loc: NM
Great ideas here. Sometimes I also have trouble staying asleep due to dreams. But as far as falling asleep, I just find the most boring book (usually one of my school text books, lol) and read for awhile, bingo, fast asleep!

David

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.