Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
2 registered (AdawgJR, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63175 Topics
441759 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#186852 - 10/13/07 12:08 AM Thanks-Forgetting my childhood
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
I just want to thank my perp (brother) for really screwing my memory of my childhood up. I was cleaning up the basement because we are moving and I found my old 8th grade year book. It has references that I don't even remember such as

a handwritten note from this girl in my class who I thought dumped me 8 hours after she had asked me out because she was ashamed to be going out with me. The note says "Jay, Its been a pretty cool year. I don't like the reason you went out w/me. In fact your the first guy thats honestly (told me was written but crossed out) done that to me. But anyway you've been a great friend Love Jodi" I'm also listed as the "Class complainer" and "most talkative". And there are a few references in there about my support for Bill Clinton. I don't remember this. I really wish I did, I guess eventually I will as my mind allows the abuse back but until then I don't

Just wanted to say, "Thanks for Nothin'" to my perp

Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#186857 - 10/13/07 01:01 AM Re: Thanks-Forgetting my childhood [Re: onlyakid]
ScottyTodd Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Pennsylvania
Remembering can really blow things apart - especially our emotions (anger, scared, regrets, grief over losses, etc.). Sometimes I get angrier at remembering some "god-awful trash!" wishing things had never happened let alone that I am remembering them NOW!! But then I know that "cleaning out the trash - including the corners" of my mind is a part of my journey to a 'healthy' life!! Sorry you got hit with memoies!! I find my memories fade into my life as I can address them...like at the last WOR at Alta!!!

Howard

#186872 - 10/13/07 04:08 AM Re: Thanks-Forgetting my childhood *DELETED* [Re: ScottyTodd]
nicky Offline

Post deleted by nicky

a strong man is one who is able to control himself when he is angry
what is your definiton of control?

i lay awake another hour
just like the one before
the shadows play a game with my head
i can't take this anymore

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x4EOw8wPBN8

#186992 - 10/13/07 10:52 PM Re: Thanks-Forgetting my childhood [Re: nicky]
saint-of-Lost-Causes Offline

Loc: Michigan
I hate not remembering but i'm terrified to remember!

#186994 - 10/13/07 10:56 PM Re: Thanks-Forgetting my childhood [Re: saint-of-Lost-Causes]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
sounds familiar, mtd
i come close to remembering and i have severe anxiety and panic attack
even ended up in the hospital once covered in hives and shaking

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.