Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
2 registered (don64, Obi), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63415 Topics
443366 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#186965 - 10/13/07 07:31 PM Re: Shrodinger's cat??? (evil homework) [Re: melliferal]
cbfull Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
You guys are cracking me up. I am a science hobbiest myself and I like to build my own Van De Graaffs and other high-voltage toys (tesla coils and plasma globes).

For me, string theory is where it's at because it is so beautifully intuitive and I believe it can explain any phenomenon. Using the concepts of string theory I can explain how electric, magnetic and gravitational forces are all literally tied together and are all a result of local variations in the speed of light (this is not proven so please don't get annoyed at me for saying that, it's just my own personal understanding). I don't know what to think about these dark matter and dark energy theories, so far I'm not a fan of the concept.

I'm so glad someone has brought all this up, I didn't know there were any other survivors that liked this kind of crap. My Van De Graaff is my favorite because it is "interactive". There's just something amazing about safely charging up your whole body to near 500,000 volts and throwing a 12" spark out of your fist.

Guilt and shame have never done any of us any good at all.

#186970 - 10/13/07 08:02 PM Re: Shrodinger's cat??? (evil homework) [Re: cbfull]
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

OK, Androsh...You've managed to get the guys to do your homework for you. I always say use the resources at hand!

#187128 - 10/14/07 06:48 PM Re: Shrodinger's cat??? (evil homework) [Re: FLRich]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: EGL
Andrei, I'm with Rich on this one. Us two simpletons will sit on the sidelines and admire the bigger brains at work.

Make that three simpletons! I'm in!

#187135 - 10/14/07 07:09 PM Re: Shrodinger's cat??? (evil homework) [Re: WalkingSouth]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

Well, I am the simpleton also. But I will say, it is not a physics or quantum mechanics class, but instead a philosophy class based on 'paradoxes'. So hopefully most of them will not be this difficult to understand. Thank you all, for helping to explain it in ways that I could 'get' more.

Andrei

#187156 - 10/14/07 08:26 PM Re: Shrodinger's cat??? (evil homework) [Re: ak]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Many paradoxes are a lot easier to understand than Schroedinger's Cat. They only become tough if you try to solve them - and some of them just can't be solved.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#187254 - 10/15/07 10:36 AM Re: Shrodinger's cat??? (evil homework) [Re: melliferal]
soapy bubbles Offline

Loc: london
It would be easier if the damned cat stayed out of boxes altogether.

“Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.” --- Eleanor Roosevelt

#187290 - 10/15/07 02:27 PM Re: Shrodinger's cat??? (evil homework) [Re: soapy bubbles]
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
At least the dam cat in the box, alive or dead, isn't attacking MY dog!

Bah, humbug, cats.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#187380 - 10/16/07 05:25 AM Re: Shrodinger's cat??? (evil homework) [Re: Leosha]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

I thought this was funny, after the discussion. I wonder if the teacher would find it to be funny if I include the picture with the assignment.

Andrei

#187383 - 10/16/07 05:57 AM Re: Shrodinger's cat??? (evil homework) [Re: ak]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
Urm, it's funny, but I think it's a snarky response to a female sexual proposition- maybe not best for schoolwork?
(besides, the box has been opened, a measurement has been made, the cat's state is fixed- the wave has collapsed.)

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#187385 - 10/16/07 06:37 AM Re: Shrodinger's cat??? (evil homework) [Re: dgoods]
MemoryVault Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Andrei --

Hand in a closed padded box, and say that your assignment may or may not be in there. You want to be graded on the uncollapsed waveform. You'll get both a 100 and an incomplete. \:\)

David

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.