Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Asmodeus (31), comeath3 (75), Roy (53), Skeeter (55), tazrad (43), Treehugger75 (39), waterworld (53)
Who's Online
7 registered (manipulated, don64, finallyhere, Dave PNW, Banjo596, ER3277, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12464 Members
74 Forums
63991 Topics
446661 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#186471 - 10/11/07 08:41 AM Stolen Dreams
pietie Offline

Loc: South Africa
A post in the F&F section made me wonder, are all of us in here robbed of our dreams?

In my own case, the year I had to make a career decision was the year I struggled most to stay alive and not commit suicide. So I had no dreams or ambitions, only to stay alive. That year I tried committing suicide three times.

Even now, at 33 i still can not dream of the future, of being successful, rich, whatever. There is nothing wrong with my imagination it is just that I dont believe any dreams will come true.

Sorry, Just a few thoughts.

#186473 - 10/11/07 08:50 AM Re: Stolen Dreams [Re: pietie]
Gerald2007 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeastern US
Piete,
I my experience dreams can be a mixed blessing. I think I have spent most of my life living in the future/dreams, in order to avoid confronting my past.

That said, if you allow yourself to dream, I think its best to do it with one foot firmly planted in the present moment.

Grace & Peace,
Gerald

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.