Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
5 registered (sugarbaby, tbkkfile, motmcd, Greg56, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63403 Topics
443287 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#186388 - 10/10/07 11:42 PM The hero's on this site
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
I've been here for a bit now and I've only really made one strong connection with a guy on this site, but that connection is with the greatest person I've ever met in my life. He is everything that I thought I would never find in this world, he is strength and courage and hope. He's everything to me and I know with all my heart I would never have moved forward with my healing the way I have without him.

He's reached out to so many on this site and I support him 110%. He's had contact with many of those who've betrayed our trust in the last little while and his courage is shaken. It hurts me more than anything that his trust and his compassion has been compromised. I want to go on a rampage that people could hurt this person so much.

This is probably inappropriate, and I apoligize now, but if I ever get my hands on the SOB's that fucked with this person, trust me, you'll wish you were dead. You F'ing losers have no idea the pain you've caused, and you caused it to the sweetest most compassionate man on the planet. I've heard over and over again how you all still think of this fake as a friend and how he helped you, but they hurt a true survivor. They hurt a person who only want's to help, he's reached out to every one of you. Think about him.

I'm sorry, I'm so non-violent. I don't believe in violence in any way, but you F'ing fakes have gone too far. You f****d with the wrong person. I hate you, don't you ever let me find you.

Let's all thank god for people like him, let's all understand that without him this world is not worth living in. Let's all understand that no matter the intentions a true hero was hurt.

There is no, NO NO NO reason a true hero of this site should ever feel the way he feels.

I salute the true hero's of this site, and he is one of greatest. Let's all thank our lucky soul's that he's here. And let's all remember that no matter the intention's of the other's that the true hero's don't ever ever deserve this.

Love you, thank you for you.

Stay Strong my Brother. You don't ever deserve what these "friend's" have done.

I hope we all take a moment to truly think about the damage that was done, and when you've done this I hope you give your compassion, your strength, and your love to those that deserve it.

Mike

Edited by mogigo (10/11/07 12:04 AM)

#186405 - 10/11/07 12:53 AM Re: The hero's on this site [Re: mogigo]
VN Offline
MaleSurvivor

There is many 'heroes' at this site. I do not know that the person you directing this most at reach out to me, but I am sure he help many people here. There is many people here who have help many others, without deceit, and without causing harm, and without demanding anything in return. This site, at rare times, can show the very nasty, very mean, and very, well, 'not right' nature of some people. This site, the majority of the times, shows the strength, compassion and decency of the many members here who have been harmed in the past, and still maintain the humanity to give to others. Those are the people importent at this site, those are the ones who represent what this place is truly 'all about'. They are who deserve what best we have to give, to ourself and each other.

VN

#186407 - 10/11/07 01:03 AM Re: The hero's on this site [Re: VN]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
A true hero is some one that is there no matter what . Sometimes people want to tell you what you want to here.
But a true hero will tell you the truth even though you do not like what they are saying some times .
To me a hero is someone that is not afraid to stand up for what is right even when it is not the popular thing to do.

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#186413 - 10/11/07 01:51 AM Re: The hero's on this site [Re: OKIE MIKE]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Amen guy's, let's move all our strength to them. They deserve it.

I'm weak compared to them.

Thank god for heroes

Mike

#186425 - 10/11/07 02:38 AM Re: The hero's on this site [Re: mogigo]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

I stand by my quote. Many of us here can be heroes to ourself and others, and do not even recognize it.

Andrei

#186462 - 10/11/07 08:09 AM Re: The hero's on this site [Re: ak]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Andrei,

I like your quote, and it's so true. Mike, you are just as much a hero as the guys you appreciate and respect here on the site.

I think we tend to take things for granted after awhile here. But let's look back to the first time we came to this site. Do you remember it as I do? The raw fear? Sweating palms? Wondering am I really going to do this?

I was scared out of my mind the first time I posted. I felt like a freak and I wondered would I be mocked, disbelieved, or whatever. I couldn't believe it when I came back later to see I had compassionate and supportive thoughts and ideas from guys I didn't even know.

In my opinion the sexual abuse of a boy is just about the worst thing that can be done to him. Statistics show that maybe a fourth to a third of us don't make it past 18. But here we all are. From teenagers to old dusters like me, struggling and supporting each other against all the odds.

I think you're all heroes and I'm so proud of the work each and every one of you is doing here.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#186589 - 10/11/07 07:39 PM Re: The hero's on this site [Re: roadrunner]
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
I've just read the posts from The Mods regarding people being banned from this site, and presume that is what is being referred to in the initial post (correct me if I'm wrong).

I was shocked at one of the names that was banned, because I have had some personal correspondance with that person and thought he was genuine. That is the one that I think the above hero (mogigos comment) would have been hurt by most - I think I can identify the hero!

When fakes have come here before, I have always said that we should not stop reaching out to those that appear to need help. Next time that person might just be genuine, and we should not let them down.

I agree with Larry (again) - everyone here is a hero. We got this far, and here, we can try and heal ourselves and others. What more can we do than that?

Best wishes ...Rik

#186668 - 10/12/07 05:46 AM Re: The hero's on this site [Re: RICK57]
Grunty1967b Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Mogigo,

I think itís great that you have felt so helped and supported by a person here at MS.

I know you didnít mention who they are, and thatís deliberate. I think thatís a good idea. As others have said there are many heroes here. I think the fact that we all survived makes us heroes anyway Ė itís just that others go even further like your friend you speak of. Iím sure he knows who he is.

#186780 - 10/12/07 06:33 PM Re: The hero's on this site [Re: Grunty1967b]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Grunty, and everyone else. It was deliberate that I didn't mention any names, because there are many heroes on this site and I wanted to try and speak for everyone about the hero's here. We all have been "saved" by these heroes.

Thank you Larry, for considering me among those. And while I don't consider myself in the same catagory, hoping that my words could help is a great honor indeed.

Stay strong, because you are.
Mike

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.