Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
6 registered (YYZGIRL, GummyBear, 4 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63361 Topics
443059 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#186362 - 10/10/07 09:05 PM Political correctness has to stop
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=3693516&page=1

It should be noted that these boys were strip searched after each of the 6 times that their lawyers came to see them, and that every single girl signed affidavits affirming that they did not ever want the boys to be charged or get even get in trouble in the first place.

This prosecutor should have her fat ass FIRED.

#186367 - 10/10/07 09:17 PM Re: Political correctness has to stop *DELETED* [Re: Hauser]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by ttoon

#186376 - 10/10/07 10:01 PM Re: Political correctness has to stop [Re: ttoon]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Watch the video and maybe you'll change your opinion about their plight.

#186408 - 10/11/07 01:07 AM Re: Political correctness has to stop [Re: Hauser]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

This one took place just a few miles from my town. The sentiment around here seems to be that the prosecutor was attempting to make a misguided point rather than enforce the law.

#186557 - 10/11/07 04:09 PM Re: Political correctness has to stop [Re: WalkingSouth]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
I live not to far from the town in question also. I think the whole thing is incredibly ridiculous . i remember middle school every one played games like that.

If i remember right, the girls parents didnt even feel like their was a problem with what happenend.

some time i really wonder about prosecutors, you would think they would have more important cases to work on... like maybe getting real sexual predators.

thats my thought anyways

#186776 - 10/12/07 06:02 PM Re: Political correctness has to stop [Re: theatrekid]
KeithR Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Georgia
I saw the t.v. interviews with the boys and the girls, and I agree that the prosecuter seemed way overzealous.

Keith

#186885 - 10/13/07 08:42 AM Re: Political correctness has to stop *DELETED* [Re: KeithR]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by ttoon

#186889 - 10/13/07 08:57 AM Re: Political correctness has to stop [Re: ttoon]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: ttoon

With ninety-seven percent of the perpetrators being male

I would challenge this ascertation.

97% of the perpetrators who are caught or otherwise reported are male. It is my estimation that over 90% of the cases involving female perpetrators are either never reported, or the male ends up getting the blame.

Bryan

Edited by BJK (10/13/07 08:58 AM)

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#186891 - 10/13/07 09:00 AM Re: Political correctness has to stop *DELETED* [Re: BJK]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by ttoon

#186906 - 10/13/07 11:10 AM Re: Political correctness has to stop [Re: ttoon]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

I think this all comes down to a double standard.

Ask almost anyone with kids what their reaction would be. Let's say you have a 13 year old boy that is running around patting the girls' buts...or is getting his butt patted by girls. Most reactions would range from the "boys will be boys" mentality to actual congratulatory remarks. Very few parents would be upset at their boys displaying this type of behavior.

On the other hand, let's say you have a 13 year old girl running around patting the boys' butts or his getting her butt patted by boys. Most of these parents would be absolutely appalled, and rightly so.

This double standard kind of makes me sick in a lot of ways. Of course I think these boys should be punished, and the girls should be punished as well if they are doing the butt-slapping. However, the punishment ought to stay within the school. For one thing, 13 year olds should NOT be patting members of the opposite sex on the butts. Furthermore, I have seen versions of this Party Boy dance that are intensely more provocative than the ones these kids demonstrated.

It is my view that detention and even in-school suspension should be pursued before these kids are registered for life as sex offenders. That makes me absolutely sick to think that a 13 year old kid could be repeatedly strip searched and then registered for life as an offender for doing something so simple. There is a fine line between punishing offenders and creating more victims. In this case, these two boys were victims.

Bryan

Edited by BJK (10/13/07 11:11 AM)

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.