Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, 2 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63177 Topics
441769 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#186647 - 10/12/07 12:24 AM Re: Thank you to the moderaters [Re: FLRich]
brokensoul Offline

I would like to give my thanks to the moderators as well. Though I have not been here long enough to really get to know many of you and the people that were mentioned had little effect directly on me because I'm new. But I feel a strong friendship forming with many of you wonderful souls. I know after being on here awhile finding out someone that I have trusted was not who they said they were would be a kick in the gut.

My thing is why would someone do this? How would they even think about doing something like this? I have to believe that anyone who would come to a survivor site like this that is here to help people must have some type of abuse history and maybe all of the positive attention makes them want to be more than one person or make their story badder than the rest so they get even more positive attention. I don't know maybe I'm just crazy.

It makes me feel a bit dumb that I have yet and maybe never will post what has happened to me in the survivors stories why I don't know I'm here under a persona not my real name and I'm still nervous about posting what happened to me. Now even more so because I worry what if someone is reading it and laughing their ass off while pretending to be someone that has been through the same stuff and being my friend. What if some sicko is here reading stories so they can find out how to do these terrible things to children and get away with it? How and why someone would come in here and just make something like this up about themselves I will never know.

I was talking to my wife about all of this she is a survivor as well and post some on a forum and she said that they don't get a lot of fakes because their forums are layered. A person has to have so many post before they get to post their story or have access to certain forums and chatrooms. Most fakes don't want to go through all of that just to mess with people just a thought.

Anyhow thank you mods I'm glad you guys are watching over all of us to protect what sanity some of us have left.

Brokensoul.

Edited by brokensoul (10/12/07 12:28 AM)

#187137 - 10/14/07 07:16 PM Re: Thank you to the moderaters [Re: brokensoul]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey everyone, it helps to have your vote of confidence.

This discussion reminds me of a poster small card someone pinned to the bulletin board in the executive lunchroom at work that said,

"If you want to work here insanity is a requirement!"

Seriously, thanks. It does mean a lot.

John

#187183 - 10/14/07 10:14 PM Re: Thank you to the moderaters [Re: WalkingSouth]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Thanks for your support guys. I agree with Dwayne - YOU are what makes it all worthwhile! I would never have made the progress I have achieved had it not been for the safe and welcoming place I found here. I was amazed back in May 2005, and I am still so grateful to be a part of our community. I'm just happy I can do something now to pursue the fine work done by the moderatorss who came before us.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#187480 - 10/16/07 05:50 PM Re: Thank you to the moderaters [Re: roadrunner]
canterbie Offline
New Here

Loc: Indiana
I am new to this site and being the fact that in just a week or less I had read stories and read information that has helped me get better. You know I cant believe someone could be so disrespectful to such a good group of people and also disrespectful to the people who have been abused. How could someone lie about something so horrible!!!!!!! It disgust me greatly. Because it takes a lot for me to even speak on this subject because it is so personal. I guess you cant trust anyone anywhere but atleast I can trust a few. I guess people have always been crazy. I dont know you guys much but I thank you moderators for keeping this sight up which has helped me so much this week in my first step to get past my past.

#187614 - 10/17/07 10:52 AM Re: Thank you to the moderaters [Re: canterbie]
kayak Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Helping one another get well. Growing in knowledge, learning to "feel" (anything!) again, joining in 'community' (tough price to pay; wish none of us were here!)

I am moved to tears.

Canterbie, welcome to MS. You said it all - "...this sight...has helped me so much...".

A burden shared is a burden halved. We all come here searching for something. And, together, we find rest for our weary souls. And that, my friend, is where healing starts.

Thanks to all of the moderators who spend a lot of their valuable time unselfishly helping us on our journeys. Without your collective skills, this community could not exist.

a grateful kayak.....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.