Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
2 registered (jahfree, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64189 Topics
447916 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#186309 - 10/10/07 07:39 PM Thank you to the moderaters
VN Offline
MaleSurvivor

I know that it is not normal the moderater policy to announce when people is been banned from here, or why, and that is good thing. As it say in the 'announcement', it is distraction from the real reasons to be here. But thank you very much for making the exception on this time. For someone who is been here falsely for 2 years; for someone who's 'story' involved the death of one of the 'characters'; and for someone who apparently took names from the phone book and could had their own football team of 'characters' here.

It is overwhelming to me to read that 'announcement'. I can not imagine how much it was to you who had to go through of everything with it all and make decisions. But as I think these cases are ones that have more impact to here because of how deep they are, I thank you to share with us the truth and the decisions.

VN

#186311 - 10/10/07 07:43 PM Re: Thank you to the moderaters [Re: VN]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
I agree, V, and I too appreciate the Mods in having the confidence to talk squarely with the members like this. It was the right thing to do in this situation, and I hope it helps to alleviate any fears and confusion that guys here have.

#186317 - 10/10/07 07:47 PM Re: Thank you to the moderaters [Re: EGL]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Me too ;\) Any other course of action would have been disasterous, but it was still a tough call to make.

Trish

#186342 - 10/10/07 08:27 PM Re: Thank you to the moderaters [Re: Trish4850]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
thanks guys! that was helpful and refreshing to see open communication about it. not all the secret stuff.

#186391 - 10/10/07 11:51 PM Re: Thank you to the moderaters [Re: Jarrad]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Thanks, everyone, for your comments and support. This was indeed a tough call, as Trish suggests, for all sorts of reasons. But we think it was the right one under the circumstances and now we hope we can all move on.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#186477 - 10/11/07 09:02 AM Re: Thank you to the moderaters [Re: roadrunner]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
As a mostly observer of the work the rest of the mods have done on these situations the last few weeks/months, I am amazed how much they did with tracking IP numbers, confronting/challenging suspected frauds, dealing with threats of legal action, etc.

It is a lot of hard work and all I can say is that they probably gave up a lot besides just time doing all this stuff. This is one hard-working group of guys.

Ken

#186480 - 10/11/07 09:09 AM Re: Thank you to the moderaters [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
pietie Offline

Loc: South Africa
I want to add a thank you too. They say sometimes you wont know if the airbag of a car works until you are involved in an accident. That is your functions as moderators of the site, in this case we found out that the airbag worked on the site.

So thank you for working behind the scenes to make this place safe for all of us, and the honsety about the situation.

#186486 - 10/11/07 09:55 AM Re: Thank you to the moderaters [Re: pietie]
Dewey2k Offline
MaleSurvivor

(Wonders if I'm being compared to a car wreck) ;\)

Thanks for your comments. I can't speak for the other moderators, but personally, you guys should know the you are the reason I do the work- each and every one of you deserve a place where you can get support and realize you aren't alone. If it weren't for all of you, I wouldn't have a place where I can get the same.

So, thanks to all of you who make my efforts worth while.

Edited by Dewey2k (10/11/07 09:58 AM)

#186488 - 10/11/07 09:59 AM Re: Thank you to the moderaters [Re: Dewey2k]
pain4ever Offline

Thanks guys...I know I gave the mods a hard time in the last couple of weeks about this situation...you guys didnt deserve that. I was not thinking very clearly...I was hurt...I appologize for that. Its no excuse though.

Thank you so much for what you do to protect the guys and gals here (me included).

I know you have our best interests at heart and I am glad you saw that this was big enough to annouce (at least it was in my opinion, not that its right).

Wish there was some space int he Ohio retreat next weekend so i could meet some of you.

Much Respect,
Brian

#186634 - 10/11/07 10:25 PM Re: Thank you to the moderaters [Re: pain4ever]
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

To all of the moderators,

Thank you! Thank You! Thank You!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.