Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
5 registered (sorryson, Seekingwisdom, manipulated, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63808 Topics
445558 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#186001 - 10/09/07 08:59 PM Kidnapper pleads guilty *trigger*
jacobtk Offline
MaleSurvivor

Possible triggers:

Quote:
Devlin was given dozens of life sentences after his pleas, assuring he will spend the rest of his life in prison for kidnapping and sexually abusing Ben Ownby and Shawn.

The hearings were part of an elaborate deal his attorneys struck in four jurisdictions where Devlin was charged with more than 80 counts, including sexual assault, kidnapping and attempted murder.

Every day I die again, and again Iím reborn/Every day I have to find the courage/To walk out into the street/With arms out/Got a love you canít defeat/Neither down nor out/Thereís nothing you have that I need/I can breathe/Breathe now - U2

#186004 - 10/09/07 09:22 PM Re: Kidnapper pleads guilty *trigger* [Re: jacobtk]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Good riddance.

#186020 - 10/09/07 10:09 PM Re: Kidnapper pleads guilty *trigger* [Re: EGL]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have to admit that this one has hit me hard guys. I've been weeping off and on all evening after seeing the report about this on the news earlier this evening where it was said

Quote:
"This boy made this contract, this deal with the devil, only to survive,"

That hits way too close to home for me as I also was given a choice of being killed or... Thankfully I was not held captive for 4 years as part of the bargain, but damn this has hit hard. It's been a while since I've been blindsided like this.

As Eddie says, "Good riddance."

Lots of love to all of you.

John

#186092 - 10/10/07 12:27 AM Re: Kidnapper pleads guilty *trigger* [Re: WalkingSouth]
jacobtk Offline
MaleSurvivor

I also had to make a similar choice. There are times when I wish I had chosen differently. Things may have ended up better. Since reading the article I have been unable to think of anything else. I doubt I will be able to sleep tonight.

Every day I die again, and again Iím reborn/Every day I have to find the courage/To walk out into the street/With arms out/Got a love you canít defeat/Neither down nor out/Thereís nothing you have that I need/I can breathe/Breathe now - U2

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.