Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
3 registered (wearytraveler, WriterKeith, Johann), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64191 Topics
447933 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#185770 - 10/08/07 10:52 PM tactile defensive... uncomfortable w / being touch
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
I wanted to send you hi because after reading your post i,too have the exact same re-actions / thoughts / behaviors / with ":touch" i DO NOT like to be touched at all in any way by anyone, it causes me to feel tense and keyed up not to metnion i want to scream and jump out of my skin.

Boundaries are HUGE to set for us because afterall we associaite "touch"...( i do at least anyway ) with further pain and feeling unsafe really sucks.

I'm so gald i'm not alone with this fuckin PTSD in that i know i'm not unique yet if i heard it once i've then i have heard it a thousand times....."let it go" ,"what's so bad with being touched by others as long as they don;t hurt you"

Well some people just dont get it and NO ONE,NO ONE AT ALL has a right to touch you without your permission therefore boundaries really help when you can tell another person "i'm not comfortable with touch" ....they don't know whether to shit or go blind....If we can provide a safe place for oursleves then unfortunately no one can....protect self under all conditions and if someone is not ok with you telling them as such ....oh well it's on them....you matter today and nothing or no one can tell you otherwise.

Coopstah

#185779 - 10/08/07 11:08 PM Re: tactile defensive... uncomfortable w / being touch [Re: thecoopstah]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

thank you for this post, coopstah.

I'm just now starting to realize that it's up to me to set up these boundaries. I'm also just starting to realize that it's okay to be angry when someone violates them.

Bryan

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#185780 - 10/08/07 11:09 PM Re: tactile defensive... uncomfortable w / being touch [Re: thecoopstah]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
People need to learn that we have boundries for a reason .
now if people would just respect them

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#185783 - 10/08/07 11:21 PM Re: tactile defensive... uncomfortable w / being touch [Re: BJK]
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
Yes you do have every right in the world when someone violates(and that what YOU see as violate not someone elses version of it either ) you because although setting boundaries are often hard they are strictly for your own safety no matter what that "safe place" is and no one can take it away from you ever.....i know for me when the pain became great enough to where other people would touch me i did something about it....

I'm more then willing to disappoint another to be true to myself as hard as it might be,and it will be for sure,it's well worth it and looking out for self is critical to our healing.

Coop

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.