Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
2 registered (Obi, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443084 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#185611 - 10/08/07 06:31 AM Falling apart
SEVEN ARROWS Offline
MaleSurvivor

Got called into the office at work this morning. Had a talk with the nightshift manager.

As of 6.45am this morning i am unemployed. Occupational health signed me off work, i have been told that im getting one more months wages and any holiday money i am owed. I dont have to go in for the last month, but will get paid for it.

Told the wife who picked me up from work, she went to peices, she has now gone up to see her mum. Our marriage is very strained and was in danger of falling apart, now this has happened.
We will have to leave our flat and fing alternative accomodation as the place i live does not accept benefits. I am seeing the benefits office tommorrow about disability benefits.

Its like a sodding big boot in the face, i feel like my insides have been ripped out. God i dont need this shit.

Sorry if i come into chat and bomb all over the place, i just need to be with others who understand and well, just be here.

Dont know what im going to do, i feel like running and hiding, i just dont know what im going to do if i lose my wife.

Sorry

Backspin........

#185612 - 10/08/07 07:35 AM Re: Falling apart [Re: SEVEN ARROWS]
Army Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
((Seven Arrows))

Here are some hugs and just "being" with you on this. When tough times happen, running and hiding does feel like the right thing but its not gonna help. Keep your thoughts on the new things your going to create in your life. See yourself in your new place with your new job and focus on that. Also, keep your focus on keeping with your wife. Show her this isn't gonna affect your relationship, you love her more than a job or place to live, together you can figure this out. Your in my thoughts today.

Army

#185620 - 10/08/07 09:04 AM Re: Falling apart [Re: Army]
easterneurope Offline

Loc: eastern europe
Nows a good time to think of what is really important to you and your wife. There are other jobs, but other wives are harder to come by. Go to her mums. Make it right. You can do this. I've been there.

#185668 - 10/08/07 03:02 PM Re: Falling apart [Re: easterneurope]
testingWaters Offline
MaleSurvivor

Backspin --

No apologies, please.

Please F-I-G-H-T like hell for what you truly want.

Running and hiding will make you lose EVERYTHING, even things you don't yet know you have -- like strength, and courage, and feeling.

Your wife is on your side, from the little I have read of her posts. I am sure she NEEDS you to be brave and determined now.

You can get through this. We are here for you.

TW

#185670 - 10/08/07 03:20 PM Re: Falling apart [Re: testingWaters]
trusty Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Indiana, USA
Dear Backspin,
I'm with you in this struggle to find your place in your marriage, your job, and every part of your future.

Keep your eyes wide open...I'm sending you all positive thoughts and good wishes in fighting the good fight.

Bless you, friend.

Love,
Russ

#185675 - 10/08/07 03:35 PM Re: Falling apart [Re: trusty]
pain4ever Offline

Backspin,

I am so sorry man...i have been there too. I was in the middle of a divorce, falling apart, went into the hospital, came out, went back to work...declared backruptcy and i got layed off. All this within 2 months....its alot to handle but we all know you can with a little support from the guys here.

No appologies neccessary at all...You can do this!!!!

Were here to listen and do what we can.

Brian

#185680 - 10/08/07 03:56 PM Re: Falling apart [Re: pain4ever]
SEVEN ARROWS Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks guys

Im trying to stay on top of this but finding it hard, i am just numb at the moment.
Im going to try and talk to the wife tommorow, then see how it goes from there.

Thankyou again for all your words and support.

Backspin

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.