Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
3 registered (WalkingBuffalo, 2 invisible), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64189 Topics
447919 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10
Topic Options
#177644 - 09/01/07 03:25 PM Re: Things "old" guys discover. [Re: pain4ever]
emptydreamer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Midwest USA
87 I think?

You are never TOO old to feel like a kid again. If you doubt that statement, think of something, anything that you can remember you really enjoyed as a kid, and do it again now.

Sound silly you might say?
NOT!!

At 51 years old, my wife treated me to a trip to the amusement park for my birthday this year. I was 10 years old again on every heart pounding thrill ride I could find.

And it can even be something as simple as roasting marshmallows over a fire at a park that can bring back your inner child.

Sometimes we focus on the bad things, and we have every right and reason to do so, but now and then, try to find something, anything, that brings back even the smallest memory of a happy time and live it again now.

Best wishes and warmest regards,
Scott

#177657 - 09/01/07 04:32 PM Re: Things "old" guys discover. [Re: emptydreamer]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: emptydreamer
... but now and then, try to find something, anything, that brings back even the smallest memory of a happy time and live it again now.

something
anything
oh well
maybe another day.

#177850 - 09/02/07 06:17 PM Re: Things "old" guys discover. [Re: MarkK]
SECfanMIKE Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South Carolina
DREAMER --

What a great post! We all talk negatively about "triggers"...but I LOVE things that "trigger" me back to my boyhood!!! Things like going swimming in the river, smelling my Gram's cookies in the oven, certain ways sunshine hits my face, smelling the salty air like I did on my Dad's boat or waalking the beach, a loving hug.

Thanks for your innocent, joyous post!!

Mike ;-)

Edited by SECfanMIKE (09/02/07 06:18 PM)

"...rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep..."

"...for the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost..."

#185607 - 10/08/07 04:11 AM Re: Things "old" guys discover. [Re: SECfanMIKE]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
Sometimes we find out that our Grand children have problems that we can not fix . I just found out that My Grandson is Mentaly Retarded .
I have cried until I am just num . I wish that I could take this burden on my self, and take it away from him .
The Bible says that God will not give us more than we can handle. Rite now I am wondering.
Who ever said life is fair . Because it is NOT!!

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.